SAU Community

Wakefield Wrap-Up Thread

Pezhead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the fasterst times in each class were?

Dani.

As per Natsoft:

Pos...Car...Driver......Competitor/Team.....Vehicle.....CLASS.......Qualify...Lap........Gap

1.....515...Greg Boyle....SAU...............00 S15......OPEN...........S2...1:05.8460.....*

2.....321...Rhys Davies...RENEW.........02 RX7......CLUB...........S2...1:06.0920...0:00.2460

9.....51....Michael Hill...SAU................01 GTR......STREET.........S3...1:09.3700...0:03.5240

Edited by Turbo2

As per Natsoft:

Pos...Car...Driver......Competitor/Team.....Vehicle.....CLASS.......Qualify...Lap........Gap

1.....515...Greg Boyle....SAU...............00 S15......OPEN...........S2...1:05.8460.....*

2.....321...Rhys Davies...RENEW.........02 RX7......CLUB...........S2...1:06.0920...0:00.2460

9.....51....Michael Hill...SAU................01 GTR......STREET.........S3...1:09.3700...0:03.5240

What are the requirements for each class? I know Rhys' rx7 is registered and daily driven.

Also the Evo 9 is street registered and was driven there and back?

Edited by bootlegapparel

What are the requirements for each class? I know Rhys' rx7 is registered and daily driven.

Also the Evo 9 is street registered and was driven there and back?

It is all here in the regs, they are very close to superlap rules: http://www.renew.asn.au/downloads/2011%20Lap%20Battle%20Championship%20Event%20Regulations.pdf

but the short version is:

STREET = Street tyres

CLUB = Semi slicks, modded street cars

OPEN = Slicks, race cars, stripped/caged etc.

Some nice shots in there. Thanks for sharing them :thumbsup:

I thought it was a well run day by Don and the RENEW committee. Everything seemed to run smoothly and equal timed cars were grouped together correctly. I was quite happy with my performances to go from a 1.22 last year down to 1.18 in the first session, then to take it down to a 1.12.84 when I was moved up a group, with nothing changing from last time including tyres. They were only shitty nankangs too.

I managed to get through the day without any major issues and just need to modify my catch can setup so I can have the oil return to the sump. There is already a connector on the sump waiting for this too.

Besides that, I think one of the next things is to get some better street tyres to see how fast I can go before changing to some semi slicks or to full slicks.

Greg's black wide body S15 looked fat and fast, I will give him a run next one as The Slot Car was way off it's best, all new set up and got it wrong as understeered badly all day. I ran a little better at the NSCC day there the next day with a 1 min 6.1. Well ran day and nice weather. Well done again Michael Hill, faster again to.

Wizard either your car needs corner weighing bad or you drive smoother and faster with females on board,LOL.

I will be at the next one keen as.

The slot car sounded great with that straight cut gearbox.

Guys the entry forms for this will be released within the next 24 hours

I shall again attempt to get more than 1 session of 3 laps in, LOL.

I would like to thank everyone that came and had a go, as Ive told my missus, its the most fun a man can have, and yes, she isnt talking to me at the moment.

Thats a win win situation.

Greg's black wide body S15 looked fat and fast, I will give him a run next one as The Slot Car was way off it's best, all new set up and got it wrong as understeered badly all day. I ran a little better at the NSCC day there the next day with a 1 min 6.1.

I will be at the next one keen as.

Stretch is the least of your problems grandpa,,,SAU is running the next one,,,. The real slotcar is entering,,,.

Cheers

Neil.

Well the weather was great, took me about 45mins to get my little thing started because the poor fella was frozen but once started ran faultless all day. Had a fair bit of work done to it the 2wks prior just littles bits n pieces to make it more comfortable and safe. Took me about 3 sessions to get the brake bias adjusted back to roughly where it was and had to fiddle with the ride height so that it didnt roll over on right hand turns (badly needs corner weighing and an alignment).

The day was run really well, thanks to the 2 guys on the flags and microphone, having multiple calls over the pa for uncoming groups was great work - the best ive ever experienced in the last 15 trackdays. I was quite confused with the groups configuration, I think it was about 6 groups or something including the driver trainer sessions? which meant shorter sessions (6-7 laps). Maybe this can be worked on for the next outing especially in the afternoon when only half the field is still running.

Car wasnt up the scratch for beating my pb laptime so once again had heaps of fun chasing other cars, here are the videos I took on the day.

PS. If anyone still has the trackday bug and doesnt want to wait until December 'Circuit Club' runs brilliant trackdays identical to the sau/renew setup and the next 1 is only 2wks away.

Ok folks - I think this is a new record for me.

Compilation video is up!

Holy crap Eric, you've gone from strength to strength with the video skills!!!

Seriously awesome effort there, you should be very proud of that video!!!

Ill put it on SAU Facebook tomorrow if you don't mind?

That overhead bridge produces some great angles