SAU Community

Wakefield Wrap-Up Thread

Pezhead

Sure SteveO post away. An Ben I wouldn't do more than 10 or 15 minutes really. Believe it or not it gets repetitive and boring after a while. I had about 1.5 hours of footage to cut down for that 6 minute clip. Trick is to only have a few long segments and mostly 3-5 second clips.

Thanks for the kinds words guys. Oh, we should post it up on PI facebook too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance Imports. I put up the R32 21st cruise video there and he was really cool and supportive of the club enthusiast scene. I'll send him the link tomorrow if I can remember and have time.

Well done fellas, looks like it was a great day.

Will try and come to the next one to give you all some competition. I'll try and bring my offsider also who will give the top of the tree a shake and give you someone to chase.

Great to see so many Nissans being used to their full potential.

post-32141-0-14388600-1306798251_thumb.jpg

Will get it up to the shop to get it weighed JP, think i just need an audience to perform. :action-smiley-069:

Nice Vid Eric, but wheres the silver Zed?

What program are you using there?, just trying adobe premier elements but not real happy with it.

Greg's black wide body S15 looked fat and fast, I will give him a run next one as The Slot Car was way off it's best, all new set up and got it wrong as understeered badly all day. I ran a little better at the NSCC day there the next day with a 1 min 6.1. Well ran day and nice weather. Well done again Michael Hill, faster again to.

Wizard either your car needs corner weighing bad or you drive smoother and faster with females on board,LOL.

I will be at the next one keen as.

I use Corel VideoStudio X3. Easy to learn (as video editing goes) and plenty of functionality.

90% is just trim clip, insert into timeline, dub music then throw on some titles and transitions.

Of course that still took 2-3 hours of editing for 6 minutes output.

Yeah time consuming, but enjoyable when the finished project is up. :thumbsup:

Will have a look at Corel, thanks.

I use Corel VideoStudio X3. Easy to learn (as video editing goes) and plenty of functionality.

90% is just trim clip, insert into timeline, dub music then throw on some titles and transitions.

Of course that still took 2-3 hours of editing for 6 minutes output.

I was also confused with the groups to. When I was at the NSCC day at Wakey the day after, which ran very similar to SAU, although instead of coloured dots, they write with white pen a number from 1 to 5 on your windscreen at scrutineering, according to you and your cars times. 1 being the fastest down to 5. This made it so much easier to know when your session was coming up, rather than trying to remember when hearing the call for groups and thinking. For example. Ok yellow is out now and red is next I think then blue or was it green or?? Colours don't have order numbers do.

NSCC did not however issue individual numbers for each car, unlike SAU- Renew which is very professional and handy. I kept my lime green SAU issued number 300, which was appropriate and easy.

Hopefully next Wakefield can mix both points together. To group people in numbers and to also give people individual numbers. Grouped numbers allows drivers to know when they are up. Individual numbers helps photographers and for the drivers again to pick out their lap times on the screen.

An Ben I wouldn't do more than 10 or 15 minutes really. Believe it or not it gets repetitive and boring after a while.

Depends if it is being watched to see what happened on the day or to see how individual cars handle and perform on the track...

I was also confused with the groups to. When I was at the NSCC day at Wakey the day after, which ran very similar to SAU, although instead of coloured dots, they write with white pen a number from 1 to 5 on your windscreen at scrutineering, according to you and your cars times. 1 being the fastest down to 5. This made it so much easier to know when your session was coming up, rather than trying to remember when hearing the call for groups and thinking. For example. Ok yellow is out now and red is next I think then blue or was it green or?? Colours don't have order numbers do. NSCC did not however issue individual numbers for each car, unlike SAU- Renew which is very professional and handy. I kept my lime green SAU issued number 300, which was appropriate and easy.

nscc had car numbers

Excuse my lack of skills in posting youtube links

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6tk6KtgAuU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Add the tags to embed youtube videos.

nscc had car numbers

ah was going to say same but you beat me to it, looks like there was a few guys who did both days?

i would have but couldnt afford two track days in one wknd (thanks credit card debt..) so really pissed i missed what sounded like a great SAU day, still managed to get a PB on the sunday of 1.13..6 and that should drop to 12's next time with the new tyres i got yesterday (400 dollar Pirelli...somethings)

nice video Eric, well done!

Patrick I ran Pirelli Corsa P-Zeros and was surprised they weren't that much better than street tyres. I need to stump up for some real Semi's now. Well done on a 1.13 that's about what I run in street trim. I gotta lurn to steer betta.