SAU Community

My New M35

MOUTH

I bought my M35 from Nagoya about 5 weeks ago. The experience was exceptional. George couldn't do enough to help me out when choosing the car, spending far more time with me showing me all of the options than anyone else who has ever sold me a car. After sales service through Alex has been exceptional. There was a minor issue with the car soon after purchasing it and Alex paid for a local mechanic to tidy it up - no hassle.

PS - very jealous you got one with that cruise control!

Edited by PhoenixPup

I bought my M35 from Nagoya about 5 weeks ago. The experience was exceptional. George couldn't do enough to help me out when choosing the car, spending far more time with me showing me all of the options than anyone else who has ever sold me a car. After sales service through Alex has been exceptional. There was a minor issue with the car soon after purchasing it and Alex paid for a local mechanic to tidy it up - no hassle.

PS - very jealous you got one with that cruise control!

Glad your happy with the car and Nagoya(Alex)...........and it's great Alex helped you out with the problem after purchase!

But I would still stick it up on a hoist if it's a cold pack!!!!....and travelling 1,400km's straight after purchase I would have the oil double checked and done as well....with oil being the main contributor to a failing turbo!

Nice car :thumbsup: It will be a great drive back. I wish I drove mine back from sydney. Alot of people tell me they learn quite alot about the car. Must be the Hay plains flat out.

Anyway if you get you car by the 17th July thats when the next cruise is on. Or if you dont have it we generally offer lifts so you can meet everyone.

yeah hopefully I'll have it back by the cruise.... it'd be just my luck that there is a delay and I'd have to go pick it up that w/end

Glad your happy with the car and Nagoya(Alex)...........and it's great Alex helped you out with the problem after purchase!

But I would still stick it up on a hoist if it's a cold pack!!!!....and travelling 1,400km's straight after purchase I would have the oil double checked and done as well....with oil being the main contributor to a failing turbo!

As stated previously I will be putting it on the hoist prior to purchase as i do before buying any car. My old car (race rally reg evo 6) had to have all the underbody sealer removed (also a northern japan[snow country] car) for quarantine so when I picked up interstate I also checked it out on a hoist, had some minor surface rust but nothing that had penetrated, so when i got home I gave it a light sand on the problem areas and some undercoat and she was apples

Edited by MOUTH

Man, there's something going on in the centre console. What are all those devices hanging out? Good choice with the aero kit & fog lights :thumbsup: they are expensive options (to by nowadays anyway).

Yeah looks like another flip out screen and a ??????? tape/md player???....I dont have a clue, but ill find out when I see it in the flesh :thumbsup:

post-41430-0-10964500-1308546709_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

After lurking on this side of the forum for a while and reading most topics related to m35's, I have finally picked up the new car, and drove it back to adelaide from sydney in 14 hours 25 mins (including fuel and pub for shniter). So its got cruise, sunroofs, tv, reverse, electronic nismo muffler, hid's, weds/kranze "rapier" 18 x 9? inch wheels, turbo timer, and heaps of other stuff [random amps/etc bose sub, splits with tweeters on dash/rear doors etc] Very very happy, but there are a few things that need attention. Mechanically its all good, they had to do a wheel bearing on the front machine discs, change the front struts due to a knock, and put a new stereo in (It had a jap gps and pioneer screen in it on arrival and replace radiator prior to delivery. Now I have a stock set of struts in the front, and lowered springs (yellow) and blue shocks in the rear, so the rear sits very low and the front sits very high and obviously looks shit and handling is wierd as [very stiff rear and very soft front]. I have recieved the front struts and springs (again blue and yellow nismo??) the old jap head units (usless), when they had the dash apart to do the stereo I got them to remove alot of wirring that is no longer needed (for the aftermarket head unit/gps/aftermarket tv tune). I think I am going to put the other struts in the front, but i think its going to be way too low, thoughts??

Also with the wheels, not really my thing but its not hugely on the priority list to get a new set straight up, I hate the chrome, and was thinking about taking them apart and sand blasting and powdercoating them, but what color? Charcoal or something????

Sorry for the essay, but have had a lot of time behind the wheel to think about this stuff, please tell me what you think/see wrong haha. Also the car is filthy but took a couple of pics anyway......

post-41430-0-38809700-1312712152_thumb.jpgpost-41430-0-61443900-1312712197_thumb.jpgpost-41430-0-48985000-1312712313_thumb.jpgpost-41430-0-72501700-1312712474_thumb.jpgpost-41430-0-93713600-1312712531_thumb.jpg strut

and check out SOME of the wirringpost-41430-0-91259100-1312712637_thumb.jpg

See what you mean about the wheels, not my thing at all :yucky: But if you don't like them, and they're not a priority, why sandblast them? Why not wait and buy new ones?

Have to come and show it off at the next SA cruise in September. That'll make three blue M35s! Two are going on the dyno next weekend if you're keen on having a look.

See what you mean about the wheels, not my thing at all :yucky: But if you don't like them, and they're not a priority, why sandblast them? Why not wait and buy new ones?

Have to come and show it off at the next SA cruise in September. That'll make three blue M35s! Two are going on the dyno next weekend if you're keen on having a look.

I can't handle the chrome, you cant tell by the pic as the car is filthy, but they are seriously uncool chrome, performance/creature comfort mods are what i want to spend money on, I just dont want to vomit a little everytime i see those wheels :sick: ........

Interested in dyno for sure

WTF is with that wiring? Is that pulled out of the car or did u take a pic of that mess in the car somewhere?

Blue looks good...hmmm

So the compliance shop/dealer swapped those yellow springs and shock in for you?

Struts look like Autech units to me, as fitted to the Axis.

Nismo suspension has red springs and silver struts.

Not a fan of the wheels... if you are going to keep them, how getting them done in gold with a chrome lip?

Sounds crap, but it just may work with that dark blue.

WTF is with that wiring? Is that pulled out of the car or did u take a pic of that mess in the car somewhere?

Blue looks good...hmmm

So the compliance shop/dealer swapped those yellow springs and shock in for you?

The wirring is for the aftermarket tv, gps, and aftermarket tv tuner and ariels for gps, there was a lot more wirring that that!!!! They said there was a knock in the front suspension so put some standard stuff in the front, than i asked for the lowered set too, which they put in the back of the car for me. It looks pretty shit with the front so high and the back low, but am worried how low its going to be if I put the lowered stuff in the front

vvvvv

post-41430-0-36459600-1312764996_thumb.jpg

Struts look like Autech units to me, as fitted to the Axis.

Nismo suspension has red springs and silver struts.

Not a fan of the wheels... if you are going to keep them, how getting them done in gold with a chrome lip?

Sounds crap, but it just may work with that dark blue.

Ok, well the axis stuff is a bit stiffer? Yeah a couple of mates said to go gold or charcoal....I am not sure yet though, need to do some photoshoping.....

Charcoal will hide them better :cheers:

Cam's suggestion of polished lip would look ok though. Cheap way of sorting the problem until you can be bothered replacing them I guess. Otherwise there are some Hiros for sale on here.

The wirring is for the aftermarket tv, gps, and aftermarket tv tuner and ariels for gps, there was a lot more wirring that that!!!! They said there was a knock in the front suspension so put some standard stuff in the front, than i asked for the lowered set too, which they put in the back of the car for me. It looks pretty shit with the front so high and the back low, but am worried how low its going to be if I put the lowered stuff in the front

vvvvv

post-41430-0-36459600-1312764996_thumb.jpg

have u done any measurements?

I know it looks like the front is higher then the rear...but I thought so too on mine when I installed coilovers. I think the front wheel arches are larger then the rears...I could be wrong!

have u done any measurements?

I know it looks like the front is higher then the rear...but I thought so too on mine when I installed coilovers. I think the front wheel arches are larger then the rears...I could be wrong!

Eyebrow heights (cantre of the wheel to the guards) are Front: 390mm/ Rear:350 mm

Also are the blue struts (axis?) shorter stroke or stiffer than stock whats the difference?

Edited by MOUTH