SAU Community

Questions On M35

Sydsyd

Faaark. Mine cost just under $2k installed back when it was done... I didn't get a say regarding the internals (not that I would have known anything about it back then

They heavily under quoted your job mate, they wouldn't offer the same deal now though I bet.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A word of advice.....you spend less on an m35 you'll end up spending more!

Don't ever believe the kms you see on these cars! Get em on a hoist and inspect it....check out the bolts on the heat shields.....and check out the a/c filter.

A word of advice.....you spend less on an m35 you'll end up spending more!

Don't ever believe the kms you see on these cars! Get em on a hoist and inspect it....check out the bolts on the heat shields.....and check out the a/c filter.

Some cars do have legit km's on them, mine does as I imported it myself. Just ask the dealer to see the original Japanese government de-registration certificate, NOT a copy of it, THE original certificate. This will tell you if the km's are true or not.

Some cars do have legit km's on them, mine does as I imported it myself. Just ask the dealer to see the original Japanese government de-registration certificate, NOT a copy of it, THE original certificate. This will tell you if the km's are true or not.

Paul - agree with what you are saying about some cars having legit odo readings.......most of the cars are actually 'wound back' or had their instrument clusted changed before going through the auction houses in Japan and before they are 'de-registered' in an attempt to fetch more $$$$. It is extremely easy to get a lower odo on these cars, and as most know, some import yards consistently have cars with 40,000 - 70,000km as Mr 20Valve had (not just M35's either - but all cars in their yards).

So, the de-registration certificate will not necessarily tell you if the km's are true or not......

Agree with Craig - thorough self inspection if buying locally, or a well regarded and trusted broker/contact in Japan if buying from o/s with lots of pics requested......

Edited by prince_skyline

It is a good way to check as the dereg paper has the last 2 odo recordings on it in 2 yr intervals. So for example if it had an inspection in 2007 with 50,000kms and another inspection in 2009 with 65,000kms on it and you buy it in 2011 it would have around 80,000 km's on it going by the amount done over the last 4yrs. If you bought it and it had a lot less km's on it than around that, such as if it had 40,000kms, then yes it's a typical wind back job. Not all are like this though, that's the point of asking to see the dereg paper.

When I have time I'll scan one of my dereg certs so you can all see what I'm on about.

And it usually gets wound back after the auction not before. I've seen a lot of cars marked on the auction sheet as having "unsure" km's. I've even actually been to one of the big auction houses in Nagoya and seen it first hand myself, not them being wound back but the auction sheet stating unsure km's. The auction houses are very good with the records of car details.

Edited by slippylotion

I am very weary of the cheap ones with low klms i have looked at a couple latley. Will deffinatley ask for dereg certs next time, My mate bought a 2002 RS with 50,000 kms immaculate inside and out for $13, 888 this is kind of what i am gauging my prices off as i am after a similar model, kms etc. What would you guys pay? the redbook gives a very broad price range, a bit like the sales market at the moment.

Someone with plenty of experience with M35's.

Where are you located? Odds are decent that there will be someone on here that may be able to check the car out.... possibly

• 1 month later...

quick Q for ar-x owners

what tyres sizes u guys use for stock ar-x rims?

just trying to figure out the different sizes i can use

quick reply is greatly appreciated :)

anyone using other sizes?

i used the tyre size calculator, the rolling diameter of 245/40/18 is less by quite a bit compared to stock...

planning to get new tyres in the next couple of days, any help is appreciated

thanks guys!

The label on my AR-X says 225/55R18 97H (which is 705mm dia) but the tyres actually on the car (I think they were put on by the dealer I bought the car from) are 235/50R18 101V (which is 692mm dia).

anyone using other sizes?

i used the tyre size calculator, the rolling diameter of 245/40/18 is less by quite a bit compared to stock...

planning to get new tyres in the next couple of days, any help is appreciated

thanks guys!

245/45/18" reduces the speedo error from almost 10% to around 3% on an RS/RX. AR-X is is different again. But they will be more expensive than 245/40/18's

A bit more sidewall gives a slightly better ride, and fill the arches well if your ride height is right.