SAU Community

3 Months Or 1 Point Option

Didn't read anything but posting anyway. 1 point can be lost for almost any reason. If you buy an R34 GTR, chances are you may get pulled over and probably defected. 1 point gone.

they dont give points in melbourne for getting defected buddy

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not one point PER defect, getting pulled over and having certain issues gets you a defect. A friend had a fair few faults with his camry, copped 8 total defects, 1 demerit point and about a $180 fine.

I've only ever driven fairly quick ones, so my viewpoint is no doubt skewed.

wish the skylines had a closer ration box tbh.

how is it skewed? the speed you will get out of a gear is determined by the gear ratio and rev limit. power has nothing to do with it. you could have a skyline putting out 800hp but if it's running the stock gear ratios and stock rev limit it will do no faster in each gear than a stock skyline. the only exception to this is 5th gear where the stock skyline will probably run out of puff before it hits redline while the modified one would be able to hit redline, but the theorhetical top speed is the same.

how is it skewed? the speed you will get out of a gear is determined by the gear ratio and rev limit. power has nothing to do with it. you could have a skyline putting out 800hp but if it's running the stock gear ratios and stock rev limit it will do no faster in each gear than a stock skyline. the only exception to this is 5th gear where the stock skyline will probably run out of puff before it hits redline while the modified one would be able to hit redline, but the theorhetical top speed is the same.

Yeah I understand how gearboxes work, thanks Lol.

the few I am talking about can and do go above the stock rev limit, in 5th gear, which a stocker more then likely wouldn't do, plus I was more really getting to the acceleration point then anything else.

Anywho, this is circumstantial to the topic at hand man, ASS AND TITTIES, ASS AND TITTIES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEW.

So how come you dont get full points after you have already lost your license? I thought that the 1 point or 3 month option was only if you were about to loose your license, thats what happened to me a few years ago and I just took the 3 month option, 3 months isnt much really to wait, just think of it as a time to save money for your gtr.

in QLD they stick you back on your Ps for a year after you get it back. so 4 pts no alcohol as a starter. trust me I know it well.. if you are a kid then you will lose it again. me I was a bit of a twit for the second one as I forgot to renew mine.

take the suspension learn from it , get so exercise and get in shape. you may look at it as 3 months without a car - I looked at mine as a walk to work every morning and a way to shed a bit of weight :)

NOW if you have not learned your lesson after that then they get a bit more unfriendly and threaten to lock you up.

moral - there is a time and place for being a twit - pick them accordingly and FYI industrial estates are not one of them.

I have been told twice to be a good boy - one for 6 months the other for 1 month. I stick within the limits now and I have little issue.

I took 3 months. Best idea ever, barely lasted 2 months with my license back before I got another fine.

Take 3 months off instead of ruining up to 12months and risking 6 months.

Im too lazy to scroll up and see who wrote this

I mean really, if your speeding anything over sort of 10 up in a built up area where you cannot possibly predict what is coming from where, you deserve to get hung anyway.

I couldnt agree more. Im still 'enthusiastic' but no way would i do more than 10 or so over in a built up area, Free ways with someone ahead of me bombing along at triple figures then..well, how many here could help themselves? Had about a dozen cases where they got the disco lights while i had time to slow up and trundle by eyes like saucers..good times.

couldnt agree more with above post too, 1 point is just too stressful to drive on. Im shocked i lasted 11 months before getting cocky. still self face palm whenever i think about it.

• 2 weeks later...

do the 3 months.

twice i picked the 12 months (one by choice, the other due to stupid vicroads), and ended up with pretty much 2 back to back 6 months. was about 4 months in the prelude till bloody police set me up with a driving without seatbelt.. :(