SAU Community

Advise Needed: Con Rod

Hi All,

I currently bought an R33 V spec Le mans edition and having most of the parts required . My specs are as follow;

Haltech Platinum ECU

JUN oil pump

Tomei Piston

N1 Crank

HKS GT2540 (Twin)

Twin Plate

HKS 1000cc injector

etc.

Currently i am having a issue of choosing con rods whether H or I and what bearing should i use.

I am now looking at Nitto H beam con rod or Eagle rod and i should be expecting ard 750 HP or more after tuned.

Any advise whether should i use H or I beam rod and what bearing should i use.

Your advise is crucial of whether should i get a Normal Eagle Con rod or nitto I beam rod.

Also, what recommendation will you give for improvement?

Any 1 has the same turbo setup? mind sharing the result in quarter miles and whether twin plate is good enough?

Thanks

As for rods Eagles outta the US are cheap. As are Tomei rods as well at the moment.

With regards to the H vs I debate, read this thread and decide yourself (or simply talk to your engine builder?): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/173552-h-beam-vs-i-beam-conrods/page__hl__beam

Apart from that I think you'll be hard pressed to make 750hp on HKS 2540s

HKS 2540s are a "mis match". One of the worse turbos you can purchase really. They will make a similar amount of power to a 2530 (~400rwkw), but with more lag, and they tend to be quite surge prone. Kinda like a GT-RS (new generation), especially on a 2.6ltr.

Hi All,

I currently bought an R33 V spec Le mans edition and having most of the parts required . My specs are as follow;

Haltech Platinum ECU

JUN oil pump

Tomei Piston

N1 Crank

HKS GT2540 (Twin)

Twin Plate

HKS 1000cc injector

etc.

Currently i am having a issue of choosing con rods whether H or I and what bearing should i use.

I am now looking at Nitto H beam con rod or Eagle rod and i should be expecting ard 750 HP or more after tuned.

Any advise whether should i use H or I beam rod and what bearing should i use.

Your advise is crucial of whether should i get a Normal Eagle Con rod or nitto I beam rod.

Also, what recommendation will you give for improvement?

Any 1 has the same turbo setup? mind sharing the result in quarter miles and whether twin plate is good enough?

Thanks

As for your rods get the ones with the larger rod bolts visit the Manleyperformance.com web site and download catalog it has info on what rods might suit you needs

you can get carrillo pro sa rods for 1300 deliverd. thats what id choose. not something made in china. although they will all do the job you need.i got some for my vq35hr and they are very nice :)

as NYTSKY said spool Hbeams i had a set in my built rb30et which i have heard is now in a VL putting out over 600hp on methonol for the strip.

so they are def not a bad product

Same, weve used Spool in everything pretty well. Not one issue with them, upto 800bhp.

Most of everything these days is made in China, even alot of the big name stuff you wouldnt think is. But the quality is getting better and better now, especially the companies who have their own QA over there keeping things in check.