SAU Community

Powercruise Perth 2011

GTS-t VSPEC

Ahhhh amazing time :D Was good to meet you Richard, your car is hawt :wub: Thought I was gonna have to line-up against you in the drags, then I got pushed in front to race that fkn orange Sandman full-on drag ute, sweet Jesus. He just did a Powerskid the whole way and still chopped me, ridiculous haha :P

Oz, your car sounds amazing man :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that was sooooo much fun, what a blast, you just can't do that stuff every day woot.gif and the car is probably happy about that..

was good to meet some of the boys, in particular Haraldo and Snoozle, thumbsup.gif

I got some footage of you (Haraldo ) lining up against that ute altho you can't see much but smoke from the ute, I've got editing to do so I'll post up a vid when it done..

got to go in lots of cars, all of them really impressive, drove Gavs GTRbanana.gif brilliant ! got to be one the most sorted GTR's around. , went in Trents wide body 32, Matts 26/30 sleeper, surprise package, Kevs LC Torana ( LC I think ) Built 308, 5K high stall with a quick shifter and a 100 shot of nos worship.gif and MT streets, not the fastest car there but got my vote for the most fun, we did heaps of laps in that and I loved it 3some.gif

And finally one I will never forget, Chris's LC Torana ( again LC I think ) with a 7 or 8 litre V8 and the biggest turbo you have ever seenblink.gif with something like 1300hp atw, I'm still trying to get my head around that thing wacko.gif

will definately put this on next years calendar..

wow that was sooooo much fun, what a blast, you just can't do that stuff every day woot.gif and the car is probably happy about that..

was good to meet some of the boys, in particular Haraldo and Snoozle, thumbsup.gif

I got some footage of you (Haraldo ) lining up against that ute altho you can't see much but smoke from the ute, I've got editing to do so I'll post up a vid when it done..

got to go in lots of cars, all of them really impressive, drove Gavs GTRbanana.gif brilliant ! got to be one the most sorted GTR's around. , went in Trents wide body 32, Matts 26/30 sleeper, surprise package, Kevs LC Torana ( LC I think ) Built 308, 5K high stall with a quick shifter and a 100 shot of nos worship.gif and MT streets, not the fastest car there but got my vote for the most fun, we did heaps of laps in that and I loved it 3some.gif

And finally one I will never forget, Chris's LC Torana ( again LC I think ) with a 7 or 8 litre V8 and the biggest turbo you have ever seenblink.gif with something like 1300hp atw, I'm still trying to get my head around that thing wacko.gif

will definately put this on next years calendar..

Wow, you really whored yourself about huh? :P

Haha I got three runs in the drags, all of them against full on drag cars with massive stalls and tyres wider than my car dry.gif Lol. I was quite amazed at some of the cars I beat though, I thought I was still going to get hammered. Proud moment beating my mates Typhoon and my other mates circuit-built R32 after they had both been giving me shit about how much faster their car is than mine :P Great times :D

Did anyone get many pics? I'm looking for pics of my car in particular, but I didn't actually take any pictures this year so if people took a lot of pictures then post em up (looking at you bubba whistling.gif)

I was there as a spectator on Saturday afternoon, took plenty of pics of the cars cruising on the track.

Haven't gone through them yet, will try and do so soon. Will look out for a white R34 :)

Also spoke to a friendly guy with a clean 32 GTR, gun metal grey (I think) with stock wheels, was that anyone here?

Hay Richard , Chris car is a LH and mine is a LX :) thats like calling yours a R31.

They definitely called it an LC Torana on the last two Powercruise DVD's hey. They were also calling Commodore's Torana's as well though, so I'll just put it down to the commentators being idiots. Anyone else get really farkin annoyed at them? My god they are douchebagels, talk so much crap.

Ahhh, you got every single one of my mates cars but not one of mine :( Lol, there's some good photo's in there mate! Didn't see the Countach get out on the track, spent too much time in marshaling lines glare.gif

yeah none of the other guys wanted to race, can understand that though lol.

would of been good to have a few more runs though i think we got sent off pretty early, 1st one u popped a IC pipe off, 2nd one i missed 3rd gear and the 3rd one i launched at 7k and just spun i didn't wanna bounce off the limiter so wen i changed to 2nd there was nothing haha. good fun but !!

haha well practise makes perfect champ.. im looking forward to next time, btw i made 485 at all 4 hubs tuned by sean, did you say you made 480 just at the rears? we should be just on par if you can get a good launch next time!

Been having a blast at powercruise so far! Good to meet some of the sau members and match a face to the username too haha, in particular R32 TT, Tricstars MP R33 GTR, Gavs RB28DETT and the awesome blue R32 GTR (3GTR2) top notch street cars :)

Right back at you Oz, good to meet you and some of the other guys. Good atmosphere there - relaxed and just plain good fun. Also whored myself out jumping into other cars - saves fuel! :) Great fun being a passenger.

Gavs car was as usual unreal.. we had 4 guys in the car, all 90kg+ and were still toasting people. How good is that..

Kev's Torana (Mumbo) was also just flat out fun with a shot of NOS. Awesome sound, smooooth power and deceptively quick. Threw the arm out the window to give some 'Torana Arm' and then he flicks open the glovebox and gives me a mullet-wig to put on.. haha! it was great. Noted also a timeslip in there with a 10.9 on it.. mumbo indeed..!

I'm booking my next years entry tomorrow. Great weekend.

Haha I understand your paranoia, i went through such a phase but me and my donk have developed abit of trust over the years and im revving the stock motor to 8000 without sitting on limiter for more than half a second and shes happy :)

Lol at putting on the fake mullet, priceless!

heres a couple of average vids from my gopro- Hanaldo your in there but its not great, ( the video that is )

that little mazda in the last 2 runs is bloody quick, I had him in the second but on the shift to 3rd had a disagreement with the gearbox and he came flying past

and bit of cruising vv

that mullet was you Matt :3some:

thanks for that correction Kev, see you at the next event in your 34 :laugh:

Jimmy I would;ve run ya :rolleyes:

haha loved the vids Rich! I also noticed the problem you had getting into 3rd that you told me about! That must really grind your gears :P

Are you going to be at work tomorrow? Tried fitting the catch can but it seems i need to mod the bracket but ill see what you have to say first before i go cutting anything lol