SAU Community

Any R35's Going To The Sau Nationals

g35me

I'm thinking of going to the Nationals. I like the idea of the track day so I might head up and stay for the Show'n'Shine as well. I fly out to the States the next day so it will be a big weekend. Just wondering if any other R35's will be in attendance?

The nicest places to stay up there are the Parklake Hotel or the Carrington (both are next door to each other).

I'll probably be at the Parklake now as I think the wife and kids are coming too.

Excellent. :)

Trent if you guys want to either come early - or stay a while later I can arrange storage of your cars in Melb as well if you like. There are some good 2 Day Phillip Island days around Oct/Nov + another really good day at Sandown on Oct 16th.

Plus for others thinking of coming specifically for the motorsport side Winton will be open on the Friday before the SAU Nats (non timed practice) and also on the Sunday with our affiliate car club (WRX Club) that we can arrange entry for.

The other option for extra motorsport is to stop off at Bathurst for Drive Bathurst on Nov 9-13. There are a few of us from here doing this after the Nationals.

We are trying to put a plan together to have 10 Mercury cars come down, including Mark's R35 Time attack car.

Do or do not, there is no try.

On second thoughts, just do. Forget the do not.

We are trying to put a plan together to have 10 Mercury cars come down, including Mark's R35 Time attack car.

Holy fark - 10 cars, that would be an awesome!

Noel (Fineline) and a few others were all looking to come down as well so you would get some decent priced half-way accommodation as well if you were going to do it in two parts.

When you've worked out the cars you are bringing - shoot me a PM or gimme a buzz if you still have my number Trent.

Would like to use some of them as Featured Cars on the website, facebook and all that kinda thing :thumbsup:

That goes for anyone else as well with a car thats a little different!

Shaping up to be quite the spectacle indeed. Be quite amazing to see a good fleet of R35s about.

We are looking at going with a couple of cars - R32 and R35 GTR

However it would be worth it alone just to see Handbrakes awesome car again and the rest of the Mercury fleet. Tough stuff these things :)

Make that "...a few cars - R32 and 2 x R35 GTR's..."

Slip.

Sebs a good man. He knows a week is more than enough time to turn it around.

Actually mate - the Sandown day I mentioned on Oct 16th is the Maserati Day that you can Neil came down for previously. There are plenty of cool cars at that event (just not likely to be any actual Maserati's however! LOL)

And rASh - Slips car definitely needs to be a feature car too :)

Holy fark - 10 cars, that would be an awesome!

Noel (Fineline) and a few others were all looking to come down as well so you would get some decent priced half-way accommodation as well if you were going to do it in two parts.

When you've worked out the cars you are bringing - shoot me a PM or gimme a buzz if you still have my number Trent.

Would like to use some of them as Featured Cars on the website, facebook and all that kinda thing :thumbsup:

That goes for anyone else as well with a car thats a little different!

Shaping up to be quite the spectacle indeed. Be quite amazing to see a good fleet of R35s about.

I don't have your number, but sms me on 0402 421 437 so I have it.

• 1 month later...