SAU Community

Help Urgently

luvpsi

I'm assuming you don't realise how important it is.

Also, this stuff is never urgent. You dot rush this kind of stuff unless you've got someone dying next door, and there are no cars or ambulance available for 1000 kms.

Take your time, and do it properly. Having a flywheel come off, and cut off your feet is not worth the risk.

Also, this stuff is never urgent. You dot rush this kind of stuff unless you've got someone dying next door, and there are no cars or ambulance available for 1000 kms.

Take your time, and do it properly. Having a flywheel come off, and cut off your feet is not worth the risk.

^1. Never do stuff half arsed on a car cos you could kill yourself or others. Vice grips and wd40 are your friend.

The dowel isn't that important, rb30 flywheels don't even have it, nor do some aftermarket ones. It just gives another way of locating which will avoid any excess slop that the bolts have (bigger tolerances), might help ever so slightly with vibrations.

But yes remove it with vice grips and get a new one, if you leave it off it isn't the end of the world. I've had two cars that didn't have one in it, one had an rb30 flywheel, the other one just didn't have the dowel.

Yeah you will be fine without it, however if you do have the hole for it, I would use it anyway, any reduction in vibration is a good thing, also if one of the bolts does shear for whatever reason (incredibly unlikely) it will take shear forces much better than the remaining bolts will.