SAU Community

Servicing

Hey guys,

There's a few posts on servicing but cannot seem to find what i am after.

I am about to hit 50k and read on g35 driver that its a normal service.

I bought the car at 38k and the previous owner(dealer) said that the 40k service( major) would be done before i took the car.

I highly doubt the car has had the service as promised as the engine looked the same and car did not move from where it was parked.

So i am thinking of going to Nissan for a major service and i do not want to get ripped off. Also just want them to check the whole car and get their opinion.

How much if any of you have paid at Nissan before or any good mechanic in South east Melbourne.

Cheers

I had my V serviced at Dandenong Nissan - seem like helpful folks down there - can't remember what it cost now but it wasn't outrageous. Last time I had it done at the Workshop in Mentone as it's way closer to home - managed to get a good deal for them on Scoopon. PM me if you want more details.

Manny,

Its not quite in the South East but if you don't mind heading to Bayswater, I highly recommend Nuwan from Import Revolutions (0422807393). He has complied over 50 V35s and knows them like the back of his hand. His prices are also reasonable and will definately be lower than a Nissan dealership. I've used him before for my old 2001 V35 sedan and am currently using him for my new 2006 V35 coupe.

^I took my car to Nuwan at Import Revolution in Bayswater last time I had it serviced and can vouch for the fact that he does know his V series. There were a couple of other non-mechanical things I had done which could have been done better but overall he does know the cars really well - which is comforting when you consider that most mechanics have no idea. Plus his pricing was good, significantly cheaper than a dealer. I'll most likely be going back there for my next service. I've also had my car serviced at City Nissan a couple of times before (in North Melbourne) which is convenient if you work in the CBD.

Nissan Ferntree Gully always service my V36 Coupe.

They did a major 40K service last week and really looked after me.

I can not recommend them highly enough.

If you book with Nissan FTG ask for Kelvin or Mark and mention that Chris with the black V36 sent you down.

Hey Chris,

How much did the major service set you back?

The tend to follow the service pricing for the 370 Z for the 370GT.

If you have a 350GT then you could assume the cost will be the same as the 350Z or the Maxima 350.

I think the minor service is about $220 and the major service about $420.

I actually had a 40K major service and had my rear brake rotors machined and new pads fitted at the same time. There were a few days delay (over a weekend) getting the pads as Nissan were out of stock and parts are not coming through too quickly from Japan. They ended up getting pads from Boronia brakes. They also fitted my new stainless steel Y pipe on the exhaust as the old one had holes in the flex coupling from scraping on my driveway.

Nissan loaned me a new X Trail from Thursday through to the following Tuesday so I had a car for the entire time they had mine.

The total bill was $789 which was the 40K major service, machine rear rotors, new rear pads, fit exhaust and loan car.

Actually they didn't charge me for the loan car which I put about 800kms on and used a full tank of their fuel.

The pads were pretty expensive, next time I will get pads from Circle Infiniti on ebay Motors US and get them to fit those.

Cheers

Manny,

Nuwan's minor service is around $100-$150. Give him a buzz. Its not just the servicing but also the advice he can give you about what mods you might be interested in or whether your km's are genuine etc...

Thanks for the input guys,

I might go see the bayswater dude and see for myself :)

what is the normal servicing cost?

is it a major service at 50km?

major service at 40k??

remember that a 50k service in the US is approximately equivalent to an 80k service here. they are in miles. there is around 1.6km to a mile.

their 100k major service is like 160k in australia...........

basicly i just do my Diff auto transmision power steering every 100, 000 brakes when i change the pads and oil and filter every 7500-10000KM i use mine as a daily drive and do 150km a day down the F3 and back. I used the castrol and shell site to find the fluids took it to a local mechanic and told them what to do for me, did the cooling system flush and fill at 100.000 also i think the plugs should be done evert 100,000 also

As far as I am aware no Nissan dealership in Australia will touch a V35. Certainly none of them in Adelaide will :(

Wouldn't want them too anyway, when i wanted to do the first service on mine they advised i use the Nissan Oil as they use it in the new GTR...

clearly not the case, why would you put budget mineral shit in a supercar!

Yep, major is at 80,000kms.

Just go by the 350z service intervals.

I dunno why any dealership wouldn't touch a V35... it is just a 350z with a different face.

Because Nissan Australia HATE, and when I say HATE, I mean HATE grey imports. They even released some docs/guidelines before the Aus release of the R35GTR for dealers to keep an eye out for any 'illegal' grey import R35GTRs from Japan and report their vins to Nissan - they even considered taking legal action to try to stop people from importing 08/09 GTRs. Of course they want to protect their market when a USDM R35GTR retails in the US for $72K, and in Japan for $80k, but here are $175k.

So, similar story, they don't want us buying or bringing in V35s at all - they want us to buy 350Zs and 370Zs.

Because Nissan Australia HATE, and when I say HATE, I mean HATE grey imports. They even released some docs/guidelines before the Aus release of the R35GTR for dealers to keep an eye out for any 'illegal' grey import R35GTRs from Japan and report their vins to Nissan - they even considered taking legal action to try to stop people from importing 08/09 GTRs. Of course they want to protect their market when a USDM R35GTR retails in the US for $72K, and in Japan for $80k, but here are $175k.

So, similar story, they don't want us buying or bringing in V35s at all - they want us to buy 350Zs and 370Zs.

Hahaha, you can't compare their attitude towards JDM R35's to a V35.

Nissan Australia stated from the start that they were going to release the R35 to the Aus market, so of course they are going to get pissy about imported R35's (understandably so).

V35? Never even on the radar due to the global phenomenon that was the 350z.

I dunno man, maybe it is an SA dealership thing.

I've only had one dealership that wasn't interested in my car (Berwick Nissan), all the others thought it was "very nice" and interesting to work on something different.

As an aside, why would you take a V35 to a dealership or mech to service?

Just service it yourself.

There really isn't much to it, there are cluey people on SAU that can help and mechanical parts are effortless to get both here and from the US.