SAU Community

Automatic Headlights

bentwagon

Well I just dont like em, however I wouldnt mind if it only worked with parker lights and not full beam. Would this be difficult to do? Also, will disconnecting the sensor disable the auto lights altogether? If only I had a wiring diagram....

Put a relay on the sun sensor that gets its trigger from the parkers.

Parkers are the switch, sun sensor positive wire (whichever really) is the 12v and the output.

Ground is ground.

Thats the easy solution taked care of, CHEERS! :thumbsup:

Now, anyone want to put their hands up for running the auto lights for parkers only??

You could disable the auto lights by not turning them on!!? And why would you want to run with parkers? In this country itis illegal to run on parkers only - i.e. if its dark enough to trigger your auto lights you need your headlights on.

You could disable the auto lights by not turning them on!!? And why would you want to run with parkers? In this country itis illegal to run on parkers only - i.e. if its dark enough to trigger your auto lights you need your headlights on.

I do a lot of country work and have the parkers on during the day and usually forget to turn them off - which is where the auto would be useful if i bypass the light sensor. What i hate is at night switching in the order of - OFF - AUTO - PARKER - FULL BEAM. This makes the full beam flash as i click through which makes people think im flashing the lights at them, especially the neibours across the road whos bedroom is opposite our driveway

What i hate is at night switching in the order of - OFF - AUTO - PARKER - FULL BEAM.

If it's night time, why do you insist that you have to go past 'Auto'?? I think it works perfectly, all my imports have had 'Auto' mode going right back to my HR31 Coupe and Passage GT.

I just prefer not to use it, why can't it be after parker and low beam. Then there is the annoying lights on and off at dusk n dawn. Honestly I think I'm intelligent enough to know when to do things like use my headlights or windscreen wipes, I guess I'm old school where I prefer to drive the car and not have it do all the thinking for me.

Quick Qs, regarding M35s...

Seperate to the Auto Headlights.... Are the dash lights auto dimming too? Like all this week, with my headlights off, at around 5:30pm on way home from work, not dark but not bright sunny either, the aircon display and dash go dim...

Quick Qs, regarding M35s...

Seperate to the Auto Headlights.... Are the dash lights auto dimming too? Like all this week, with my headlights off, at around 5:30pm on way home from work, not dark but not bright sunny either, the aircon display and dash go dim...

Yep, the light sensor triggers the "night" level when I go under a bridge.

Even with the lights off on the switch? Anyway to disconnect it. f**king annoying, it's just one of those things I notice out of the corner of my eye, it's not a problem just a pain that gives me a tick. lol