SAU Community

My C33 Laurel

DannyC33

I just polished like normal,

Hit them on a cutting wheel, then on a buffing wheel. But that was at my old work, actually had a grinder setup with cutting and buffing wheels.

ah rad!

yeah i polished mine up tonight with a buffin wheel on my drill haha.

results of the first wheel

20120514_195731.jpg

anyone got any ideas on where i could find new centre caps? one of them is missin a bit and they just all generally look a bit haggard.

my busted centre cap.

20120514_224811.jpg

these are powder coated i believe and look terrible. would prefer somethin in a plain alloy so i can polish it.

mate has suggested gettin some turned up on a lathe and then engraved. so gonna have a look into that.

ah rad!

yeah i polished mine up tonight with a buffin wheel on my drill haha.

anyone got any ideas on where i could find new centre caps? one of them is missin a bit and they just all generally look a bit haggard.

Haha yeah if you wanna go all mcgyver on them, g clamp your drill to something flat like a bench edge, cable tie the trigger on and away you go haha. and just unplug it to stop quickly.

also with centrecaps idk about that style of equips but jdm concept sell equip 01/03 centre caps. dunno how black would look on the polish

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/work/equip-01-03-center-cap

haha nah my drill is cordless :P

just held one in each hand. haha.

yeah ive seen many people selling the 01/03 centre caps. but they wont fit. they are the raised style, mine take the sunked in style.

got jesse streeter havin a sus for me. he is gonna see if the new style equip centre caps are the same/similar in fitting.

so yesturday i finally finished polishin the wheels up.

end result is very pleasing.

20120525_195023.jpg

got them fitted with tires and bolted up to the car today.

20120526_100835.jpg

20120526_102703.jpg

20120526_104317.jpg

very happy with how the laurel looks now. :)

need to lower the front slightly as it sits up about an inch higher then the rear.

Looks pretty mint man :)

I think the front ride height looks about right.

Maybe compromise half way, lower the front and raise the rear.

If you keep it that low on the rear you're gonna get some rubbing if you try to dial the camber out back towards 0 degree's. The higher it is, the less rubbing there'll be closer to 0 degree's,

You got some centre caps for those ?

yeah thinkin that might be a good way to go actually. not so fussed about the rubbin. i have a hammer :P

but will see what happens.

plan on runnin around -1 on the rear. currently its -3 i think

i have got centre caps. how ever one is missin a piece around the rim of it and they are all powder coated in a silver colour and dont match at all.

i currently have a mate in japan whos tryin to find me a set to replace mine with. then im gonna get them sand blasted and hopefully they can be polished up to match.. if this is the case im thinkin bout gettin the "equip" logo thats stamped into them painted black. just for a bit of detailing.

• 4 weeks later...

hopefully gettin some new center caps turned up through a guy at work.

then i need to find someone that can get the logos machined in.

also did a few little bits inside the car over the weekend.

got my demisters workin again. stopped the epically annoyin reverse buzzer.

put my spare manual console in. which is actually a laurel one. in grey with the handbrake boot.

looks way better then the black ceffy one with what ever they call the material on the console lid haha. oh and it didnt have a hand brake boot.

found out my clock doesnt work because theres a dud resistor in it. so gonna fix that up.

and gettin my recaros fitted this weekend.

my brother has been hassling me for ages to put his stereo into his vs stato.

he rang me yesturday to propose an offer haha. as he is a welder he is gonna make my rails for me whilst i put his stereo in.

pretty sure ive got the better end of the bargain haha, head unit and amp wiring is f**k all.

hopefully fixed the works finally. stupid f**kin leaking wheels. 3 are fine, one still leaked. so thursday night i stripped them down. attacked the sealing edges with a wire wheel to clean off all the old crusty silicone, and smashed in a bunch of new silicone. fingers crossed it seals. otherwise its off to extensive wheels to get done professionally.

hopefully pics of it soon.

finally took it for a decent drive through the hills last night. still un tuned, and with questionable tires. but its is sooo much quicker then my 31 coupe, handles a million times better. just a much better car to drive.

stopped the epically annoyin reverse buzzer.

did you find that the warning beep to let you know your keys are in the ignition if you lock the door still works ?

and gettin my recaros fitted this weekend.

my brother has been hassling me for ages to put his stereo into his vs stato.

he rang me yesturday to propose an offer haha. as he is a welder he is gonna make my rails for me whilst i put his stereo in.

pretty sure ive got the better end of the bargain haha, head unit and amp wiring is f**k all.

* for tall peeps*

also if your after more hug on your knees have the rear mounting points lower then the front, test it out if you dont know what i mean

Edited by Dan_J

im honestly not sure. i dont often leave my keys in the ignition. but i would assume so since the headlight buzzer works if they are on and ignition is off with door open.

ah cool tip. we will play around. goin to be offsettin the inner rails so the seat will hopefully be quite low. its surprisin how much head room you lose with the sunroof.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so today i had to go to court to argue with the guy that wrote off my 31 coupe.

long story short i won and will have a decent amount of cash flow of the coming months thanks to that/tax return and selling my piece of shit daily skyline.

so to celebrate today i bought a new boss kit for the laurel so now it has a working horn and booked it in for a remap on the 28th.

hopefully ill have time to install the walbro and consult plug otherwise ill have to pay boost worx to do it.

in the next coming weeks ill be buyin up a bunch of shit.

will post up more when parts have been acquired/installed

ok so money has arrived.

and i now want to order my rails for my recaro.

anyone know where i could order a pair of bride type rx rails?

preferably from australia as i cbf waitin for shit from japan or paying the freight.