SAU Community

My C33 Laurel

DannyC33

best wedding present :merli:

nic has confirmed a31/c33 is slightly different ( mainly dude to the 88' build date where as 89 was the r32 ) so he should confirm banjo bolts and lines which really cant be that different if they are.

try ebay for repro rods or get the drift works etc non hi-cas set up bars and braces if the repro's are just as pricy

Edited by Dan_J

haha yeah we all thought so to.

they are actually work euroline type 2 or somethin 17 x8 and 17 x9

they are his fav wheels and has wanted em for ages. i saw them come up for sale so snapped em up at a good price.

and fitted them with toyo r1rs on the front and some sumitomos on the back.

haha.

ah ok.. ill have to go steal the water and oil lines off my mates spare block then haha.

ill sus ebay for the rods.

not real keen on the drift works kit.

is it really worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys need an opinion.

currently there is two sets of recaros for sale.

both are similar price.

just dunno which would suit the laurel more.

they are both black so will need to be retrimmed.

the first set are out of an evo 4.

ie

recaro-front.JPG

the second set are an old school recaro out of say a jza70r supra, or evo 1-3, brock commo.

ie

IMG00533-20101216-1635.jpg

what do people think?

And recaro it shall be. put a deposit on the evo ones today. gonna pic em up next weekish when i have a car that's able to fit them in the back to take home Haha.

Turns out the missus audi tt isnt quite big enough Haha

sooooo..

fitted my recaro to the drivers side yesturday.

it was a total pain in the ass....

and its shit.

the rails to tall so it actually sits about as high as the standard seat.

unless anyone else has some lower rails they wonna sell to me asap.

ill be cuttin these genuine recaro rails up on the weekend and making them lower.

basically the inner slider needs to be moved into the middle of the seat with brackets goin from there to the legs and upwards to the seat.

stupid idea. but ohwell.

yeah, its pretty gay.

ive found a set of rails. but just sucks that i bought rails now i have to buy more.

mate of mines a welder and has offered to modify mine. or if i can find some random generic rails he will just make them outta them. so that might be the way i think

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.