SAU Community

My C33 Laurel

DannyC33

what do people think of these?

1954DSC02561.JPG

available brand new in 17x9+30 17x9.5+30 and 17x9.5+15

thinkin if i were to go a pair of 9 and 9.5 in +30 all round.

in silver.

rears will probs need a little roll.

and fronts will likely need a small spacer.

Edited by DannyC33

ok so I was down at Japanese Import Spares this morning looking for nothing in particular.

talking shit with Koji bout laurel stuff I just thought Id see if he had some stuff in stock that was still on the site but Id asked him about previously and he just said no.

anyways... turns out he had this.

20120414_172107.jpg

20120414_172057.jpg

20120414_172044.jpg

only just dried the first coat of paint.

gonna put another coat on before clear coating

fits fairly well really. needs to curve slightly, but Im sure once I get some sikaflex onto it itll take shape with some pressure.

slowly gettin there aesthetically with this car.

just need wheels and idealy some form of very subtle lip kit.

One of the 0310Motoring Cefiro's runs those DNA-01s.

By the looks of it in other pics, the fronts and rears are different offsets/widths, but this will give you an idea of fitment accomplish-able with standard guards/no body work.

http://cdn.mkimg.car...r/333216/p1.jpg

Let me know if you want more pics.

You can buy FPR front and rear lips (bolt straight onto existing bars) from YahooJP (Import Monster) for around $150 each from memory.

Looks killer.

Edited by Nic_A31

yeah thats sick. can you get me more pics?

and possible details on the wheels?

ive seen the fpr front and rear lips but they look odd. and are either lips on their own in gel coat or black on the car and cant see them haha

no decisiong on wheels yet. still waiting to find out about the panasports as the guy that is selling them sent me pics from other peoples wheels.

safe to say im a little cautious about it and am getting a mate in syd to go have a look at them.

recently been speaking to tom monkhouse a fair bit, and after a few visits, him putting his power fc in my laurel and it showing my temp switch being f**ked.

so i replaced the plug (as the switch it self seemed fine and i could only get a plug at the time)

hasnt fixed it so switch will be replaced asap.

also picked up a bunch of interior trims. unfortunately they are grey but ill paint them soon enough.

main thing im stoked about is this

factory seat belt, with the middle buckle so that it can be folded up and hidden completely.

lots better then the f**ked after market one it had in it (which i assume happened when it got registered originally)

wouldnt have been a problem except it wouldnt let you pull it out unless the car was on a down hill slope... go figure.

20120419_164333-1.jpg

20120419_164323-1.jpg

20120419_164315-1.jpg

also fitted the wing last night

20120419_164545.jpg

20120419_164412.jpg

20120419_164630.jpg

quite pleased with it. fit really well and was real easy to mount.

didnt think double sided tape would be so strong haha. put it on the window then went to adjust it abit but nope. stuck solid.

the sikaflex hadnt even had a chance to cure at all yet :P

The origins will look sick! Tough and different for a c33

On a similar rim style note, how about the XT7's theyve got listed? However I know nothing about offset and fitment bizzo

18x9.5 +12

yeah thats what i was thinkin.

not keen on 18s i think they look awkward on the laurel. my eurolines were 18 and yeah just made it look like one of them cartoon pictures people draw of cars with the overly oversized wheels haha :P

xt7/origin dna02? same same basically haha

lol i know what you mean

They are ridiculously similar hey. I just like the XT7's that little bit more - i think the definition and shaping on each spoke (compared to the origins) does it for me. Would love em for my own car! Either as a matter of fact :D

hey, i didnt check out the second page the other night: (lol @ Koji's typos)

WROK XT7 17x9j+17 5H/114.3 MGS new!!

DNA's will be cheaper though. And the clear finish look sets them off too

I buy heaps of shit off Koji, his prices are good but shipping to Gold Coast kills me.

I usually only like small old school wheels on laurels but this would pull off XT7's well, just might need a height adjustment. I had 17x9+17's on mine and the rears would've needed a pretty decent lip job to run 0 camber. Fronts were fine, actually had a 15mm spacer on.

yeah i do like small wheels on laurels how ever i also have a fondness for big brakes.

wouldnt be able to fit any smaller then 16" coz of my 33 brakes.

seriously thinkin bout xt7s/origin dna 02. but will see what happens.

any pics of yours for reference? also how much camber where you runnin?

Don't think I do to be honest, hated how it used to look, didn't take any pictures. Always had around -3 camber on the front, rear never aligned it but probably has negative 1-1.5ish.

Get something around +20 or lower and make it fit. Will look way better than something too positive. Fronts aren't hard to get clearance out of and rears are a bitch but make all the difference in looks.

so i bought those works on the weekend.

they were a little dirty so i decided to polish one tonight just to see how theyd turn out.

before

20120503_180941.jpg

after

20120503_185556.jpg

really need to get a polishing wheel for my drill and got over it with some decent polish. theres a bunch of stains on it..

anyone know how to get them off/what substance to use?

Edited by DannyC33

im hopin so. they are 3 piece and actualy 8" and 9".

once they are fitted up and the laurel is at a hieght im happy with, ill take some measurements and see about gettin better fitment (if needed)

also wanting to get the centre painted/powder coated. thinkin either black or white with super shiny dish. and some stainless steel bolts.

A couple spacers will fix any fitment problems . Are they all polished or is the center silver (i can't tell on my phone) , if they are polished , you should leave them (ok , i have a thing for black and chrome )