SAU Community

Gerg_R31's N/a Rb26/30De

Awesome, have fun abroad

pictures are loading so while i wait ill type up the brake and suspension report

Test speed: 4km/h

deceleration peak: 63%

Deceleration average: 51%

Hand brake test: 25% left to right

Deceleration peak: 13%

Left to right brake imbalance;

Front: 5%

Rear: 17%

front to rear imbalance;

Front: 71%

rear: 29%

Wheel alignment;

Front: 1mm toe in

rear: 0mm

ride quality;

Front left; 71% - firm

front right: 81% - firm

rear left: 80% - firm

rear right: 74% - firm

left to right shock absorber imbalance;

Front: 12%

Rear: 8%

Weight distribution;

Total weight: 1318kg

Front axle weight: 724kg

rear axle weight: 594kg

front left: 359kg

front right: 365kg

rear left: 285kg

rear right: 309kg

left to right weight imbalance;

Front: 2%

Rear: 8%

Well that's all the information that was given to me from Davids auto who done the brake and suspension report

guess its a good start to know where i am at so i know how to tune it all properly

Oil cooler sandwich plate

2011-11-06153817.jpg

Oil cooler lines going into the oil cooler

2011-11-06153846.jpg

Oil cooler being stealthy

2011-11-06153904.jpg

Catch can

2011-11-06153918.jpg

2011-11-06153940.jpg

2011-11-06153953.jpg

Remember a while ago i mentioned the 2 fittings for the catch can;

Block_058.jpg

And now they are actually being used (ignore the oil patches they did leak a little oil when i pulled the fittings off so i could connect the new lines)

2011-11-06154039.jpg

and an engine bay shot... yeah i know needs a clean

2011-11-06154226.jpg

as I'm not the greatest with photography, hopefully someone has taken some decent pictures at the all jap day and posted it on other forums and shit, or even recorded me giving it a decent squirt over the bridge, now to troll the other forums for pics :P

(plus im too cheap to buy a decent camera for now)

Nothing new yet,

Got some holidays that are coming up in early Jan, might visit a track or something try and get some vids

But I got some more pics from the All Jap Day...

308576_248211191901598_169019556487429_736973_9984741_n.jpg

297678_248211308568253_169019556487429_736974_1669527559_n.jpg

https://www.facebook...RIncPhotography

SnS083.jpg

http://www.nissansil...=0#entry6450906

302308_195374877209372_192043784209148_418131_197837339_n.jpg

http://www.facebook....192043784209148 (ha and mines the album cover)

DSC04210Medium.jpg

dsc_2408.jpg

http://forum.jdmstyl...apan-Day-Sydney

yeah I know aye, wish I had that camera skill, I'm like "yup its all in frame" *click* "done"

on other news, slight update.... Excedy HD Ceramic clutch is dying, again. First one lasted 3 weeks - it was an "extreme" HD Cussion button clutch.... enough said, this lasted a month and a half till it started having issues

*symptoms, I have to go into 2nd before putting it into first while stationary, 1st 2nd and 3rd hard to get into gear. on down gearing 3rd and 2nd crunch as they go in, on a small rev then launch it will slip for a couple seconds, if not then it will take off and half way through the gear it will start to slip then pick up again.

*Other issues caused by me, I rode the clutch a little on take offs in the first couple weeks till I got used to the torque, clutch point and what revs I could and shouldn't launch at for different driving styles (yes I can grandma it now), I also have a habbit of riding the clutch for about half a second in wet wether to keep traction

local mechanic near work, gravity bled the clutch, then took it for a drive, he said he is surprised that its died so quickly as he's used them in in more powerful turbo'd cars, though I did mention the lack of turbo gives me instant response and torque, he also said that me riding the clutch for the first couple weeks would have done some damage but not the amount it has this quickly

anyways looking into a new ceramic spring button kit, and might get the pressure plate modified

while I'm at it I may as well do the r33 rb25det gear box up grade

fingers crossed this clutch can last a couple more months

oh and I'm going to make up some engine braces as I couldnt find any that were long enough to go from the bolts around #1 cylinder to the strut towers,

Greg, you MUST get those headers ceramic coated, the blue makes it look gross!!!!

oh and your number plate is crooked

yes I am being pedantic because there is nothing else on the car to pick on :nyaanyaa:

except that it has 2 too many doors :whistling:

sucks to hear about the clutch issues, thought about a different brand? I <3 my jap clutches, better than anything else I have used in any car over the years.

and another vote for full noise track videos!!

K B Clutch Engineering

143 Coreen Ave, Penrith, NSW 2750

Outer West Sydney, Western Sydney p: 02 47321692

Speak to Keith, he's the man. takes a new exedy 5puc, rebuilds it with cabonic pads and heavier presure plate (mine is 3800lb).

mine, delivered to canberra was $366, and i havent had an issue behind my 315kw/650nm rb30 track car...

i wouldn’t do the 25 box in yours either, theres no need unless you have no mechanical sympathy at all.

those headers arent perminate, maybe titanium or chrome dipped on the tuned length extractors when i get them made up, plus they have faded

the holes on the bumper are inline, the holes on the number plate are crooked, :P but new plates coming soon

if it was a 2 door i probably would have chucked an oversized snail shell on the exhaust :P (way too much room there)

i thought exedey were a decent brand, though gotta say, a N/A that has killed 2 clutches, i must be doing something right

but yeah as long as this once lasts long enough, I'll stop being a tight ass 31 owner and buy a 25 box, carbon fibre tail shaft, and a decent/ top of the line clutch kit suited for this.... yay researching again... oh and gear sets for the 25 boxes are over priced

track videos after working clutch, crunching gears probably not going to be too impressive

grumblebee - yeah was thinking of getting another new pressure plate and getting it strengthened, though your track car is a dedicated track car, alot of clutch plates built for track die on the road, but will look into clutch plates to suit. Oh and its a series 1 r31 sillo gearbox, bought it for $50 and was told its a non syncro gearbox by the owner

pete - cheap.... that was the extreme one lasted 3 weeks after the cruise last jan :P wouldnt you or jen need the clutch after skidz?