SAU Community

Garrett Gtx3071R

Mick_o

It does look like a small actuator ill prob have to buy a bigger 1 u think??

Yeah, well, you see those small can actuators were giving troubles to the owners - wouldn't hold boost, etc. Large can actuator is only available in 18 psi spec, but is better in keeping WG flapper shut.

Added: You should possibly do a lil bit of search about "big can", one of the results of that search would be this thread

Edited by Legionnaire

i dunno but my guess is still on the AVO .73 housing..possibly being sold under a diffferent name..

As far as i know it is the only GT30 housing available that bolts up to the skyline dump pattern

http://www.avoturboworld.com/pdf/gts_exhaust_housing.pdf

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/279600-more-thoughts-about-the-rbvg-gcg-hi-flow/page__st__20

That is the mtq sonic performance housing. Even they dont know what size it is.. They say .75 in one place and .76 in another on the same page..

I fear this will be another AVO job, and it probably comes from the same supplier.

Look here:

http://www.sonicperformance.com.au/739548_dash_RB20_dash_25/Nissan-RB20_or_25-Ball-Bearing-Upgrade/pd.php

803712-5001 is turbo part#,

112101-11 is the serial#,

That actuator is a Garrett number and is a GT28 1bar actuator (14.7psi), also looks like its missing a locking nut for the rod end.

Housings definately not garrett. Have had customers come back to me with stories of those type of housings being too small and causing boost creep, so we swapped them for garrett 771300-10 housings 0.82 int. gated 5 bolt outlet (same as XR6s) and that solved the issue. But obviously would of needed to mod dump pipe with matching flange to suit lol. Does look like an AVO housing but can't confirm, have you had a look on the inner edge of the housing inlet? the a/r size is sometimes stamped there. On garrett units they are.

Edited by OoskylineoO

just looked all over it and there is no numbers unfortunately :ermm:

so why dont these housings flow if they are supposedly bigger than the .63 but smaller than the .82 in theory wouldnt that be a good happy medium between power and response?????

Im lost :wacko:

803712-5001 is turbo part#,

112101-11 is the serial#,

That actuator is a Garrett number and is a GT28 1bar actuator (14.7psi), also looks like its missing a locking nut for the rod end.

Housings definately not garrett. Have had customers come back to me with stories of those type of housings being too small and causing boost creep, so we swapped them for garrett 771300-10 housings 0.82 int. gated 5 bolt outlet (same as XR6s) and that solved the issue. But obviously would of needed to mod dump pipe with matching flange to suit lol. Does look like an AVO housing but can't confirm, have you had a look on the inner edge of the housing inlet? the a/r size is sometimes stamped there. On garrett units they are.

basically because they were never really designed to have garretts 60mm turbine wheel stuffed in them, they have been modified to suit..

So while it does work it is not ideal...

what you stressing about anyway just put it on and enjoy, you can always change it later on down the track, hell i may even buy the housing off you if the price is right...lol

ARTZ why buy his housing when you already own the ultimate turbo :P HG has put 3576 cores in stock 2iu housings, how many times must I tell you the 2iu isn't even half your problem.

As for the avo or sonic comment, I think I pretty well covered that it looks the same and possibly could be from the same factory but rebranded (avo's rights must have expired and China found new places to sell its products)

The problem is exactly as said above, they are actually made for the stock turbo. They are ok when using a gt28 core or similar but the gt30 60mm is probably a little too big for their design.. Ive touched on it already, id probably prefer a 2iu or op6.

Ask mtq to swap it for the Garrett .82 and pay the difference if u have to, its still new.

Haha i know Artz its just that ive spent a bomb and spent god knows how many hours learning bout turbos and fuel setups i just want it to be right !:thumbsup:

Also looking forward to the E85 change too

Whats a garrett housing worth? and the labour costs involved in changing the housings?

ARTZ why buy his housing when you already own the ultimate turbo :P HG has put 3576 cores in stock 2iu housings, how many times must I tell you the 2iu isn't even half your problem.

As for the avo or sonic comment, I think I pretty well covered that it looks the same and possibly could be from the same factory but rebranded (avo's rights must have expired and China found new places to sell its products)

The problem is exactly as said above, they are actually made for the stock turbo. They are ok when using a gt28 core or similar but the gt30 60mm is probably a little too big for their design.. Ive touched on it already, id probably prefer a 2iu or op6.

Ask mtq to swap it for the Garrett .82 and pay the difference if u have to, its still new.

garrett housings about 400-600$ and its only a few bolts you should be able to change it yourself if you can use a spanner..but you will also need a new dump, not sure how much they are..

GTScotT is right I dont want it, I have Kando power now..lol.. Dont worry just put it on your car and see how it goes, it will be great..chances are you will have other bigger problems than the housing anyway...just get it working first