SAU Community

Garrett Gtx3071R

Mick_o

Hey guys i am buying a garrett gtx3071r .70 housing for my gtst i originally bought (paid for) a hks 2835 kai but hks cant tell me when i can get it and ive already waited over a month for my turbo so im getting a refund for it :down:

just wondering if anybody has played with 1 on an rb25 and knows how responsive this turbo is????

what sorta revs to make 16-18psi???

And if anybody has what kinda power and torque can i expect? (based on personal experiences of course) haha!

Id like to hear your experiences with them IF THERES ANYBODY OUT THERE??????

CHEERS

:thanks:

Think i should mention that boostn imports has a great price for a kit that bolts up to the standard dump pipe and factory headers with sonic braided lines $2638 delivered to sydney!!!! SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!

Thought so. Apparently those "bolt-on" housings are not very good for power. Native garrett housings are better at making numbers. X3071 is a 300-320kw turbo, in a 0.7 bolt-on housing it'll make something in the region of 260-270kw. At this power level you're better off with HKS 2835.

Norm .63 or .86

They are .63, .82 and 1.06 a/r mate.

Edited by Legionnaire

I would with a pro S kit but you cant buy a new 1 anymore and at this stage from what i read the Kai kit isnt producing the numbers but im not that concerned about numbers im after good usable responsive street power and i do believe this turbo should give me that and i cant wait any longer for the hks kit lol i want that extra grunt now lol i outlayed $2600 on july 9 for a turbo and still cant get 1 for who knows how long

so the garrett it is :turned:

Well, I don't know what numbers you're after, but by the sound of it you'd be satisfied with 260-280 kw. 

Maybe you should consider putting something from the GT2871 range put inside bolt-on housing instead of GT30 family?

Why is that wolverine? How do I know which is the AVO housing? Yeah anythin over 260 id be happy with. Maybe thats why the 2835 kai isnt makin the power of the pro s kit cause of the factory bolt up and no dump pipe?

Why is that wolverine? How do I know which is the AVO housing? Yeah anythin over 260 id be happy with. Maybe thats why the 2835 kai isnt makin the power of the pro s kit cause of the factory bolt up and no dump pipe?

Anything that bolts up to the stock dump pipe is a compromise for the 60mm turbine. There has been disappointment from these housings in terms of their power they make at the top end. So while you feel like you are saving some money on the front end you may end up with an expensive lesson if the results aren't what you want.

The GTX3071 'on paper' will make similar power to the older 76mm GT compressor but history has shown that the AVO will probably max out before the compressor has done its best.

The ARR is just what it sounds like and area radius ratio so there is not much joy in comparing the 0.73 to a garrett 0.63 or 0.82 GT30 framed ARR. The 0.73 seems to flow less than the 0.63 (The Mafia has done more to max out a 0.63 than anyone if you search for it).

I think you will get better results if you suck it up and change dump pipes and use a native garrett housing.

Hypergear results recently are showing some really good results that are very similar on paper to HKS2835ProS, plus the Kando Dynamic turbos also are producing good numbers at great prices but also require a little bit of fiddling around, like a Garrett turbo, the first time you install one.

If you are committed already I would ask if you can change to the Garrett turbine housing instead.

I havent paid for it yet I will give mick a call today and see if he can supply a standard garrett housing version instead of the bolt up version. Thanks for the feedback guys I appreciate it :)

• Like 1