SAU Community

Adam's R33 Skyrine

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude. Speak of the devil, I think shit is going to grind to a halt!

Might have to pull out of Matsuri, some things have popped which I need to sort.

Hopefully can still make it for Mad monday though.

watermark-top-left.jpg

The All About Stance/ JDMST end of month meet was on today. It was quite big with the complex overflowing with stanced out cars within the hour.

Best of all, I got a rad photo of my car! Winning!

AAS/JDMST EOMM

shit hot pic, are they driftek rims?

watched your vid of burning the bushes out lol. i just hammer them out or use a air ram or if they stubborn cut them out

IMG_2674.jpg

With Driving Sports – “Mad Monday” only a week away, I hauled ass in getting the R33 ready. This weekend consisted of fitting the Safety 21 rollcage, changing the gearbox oil, and engine oil. A few other things poped up along the way too.

Everything was pretty straight forward with no major issues. Nick and I took our time installing the rollcage as I was unsure whether to completely gut the rear interior or not.

For now we’ve left the interior trims in and taken the seats out. After matsuri I’ll look at removing the sound deadening and covering it all in some carpet.

IMG_2678.jpg

I really like how the Stage 21 cage is designed, clearances are minimal and it doesn’t reduce head room which I was a little worried about. Because of the tight clearances, it did mean it was a pain to assemble in the car.

Moving on. We replaced the gearbox oil with some Redline lightweight shockproof stuff. As it would crunch when cold before hand. Hopefully the drive up to Wakefield will be enough for the “Smurf’s blood” to get into every nook and cranny of the box.

IMG_2675.jpg

As for the engine oil, I ditched the Motul turbolight (10-40W) oil for some new Castrol Edge titanium (10-60W), in hope to boost oil pressure. Though after discussing the oil pressure problem with a few mates, I’m quite certain that the sender is in a low pressure area.

Another thing on the list to do is to put the aftermarket sender near the standard item.

Bring on Mad Monday!

thats a pretty big difference, hopefully it performs well on the track in handling temperatures.

do you think the clutch fan and shroud could fit in with that size radiator?

i think you will find with a clutch fan and shroud u will have to trim down the fan, have a look at simon-s14's build

Yeah it should be right.

As for the fan, I believe you'll need to trim the shaft leading to the engine down 20mm or so. Definately not a bolt in affair though. Simon's done it as Jamie suggested.

shit hot pic, are they driftek rims?

watched your vid of burning the bushes out lol. i just hammer them out or use a air ram or if they stubborn cut them out

Yeah they are drifteks.

Haha yeah, burning them is fun though!