whatsisname

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hear on MMM that the meet for tonight is canceled due to bad weather

Really? bummer

Whats the weather like out that way mate, it seems ok in town

It'd be nice if they put a cancelled sign on the big sign that faces Main North road. :)

Just got home after driving out to AIR from Edwardstown way - bugga! Hopefully they will reschedule.

That's what I get for not listening to local radio!!

Guest dmallison
I had PB's all round tonight. Still could've gone better, and on one pass I almost did! Was on track for a 12.2-12.3 until.....

Howdy Matt It was my daughter who was in the torana at the drags, am very happy to say she got out of it with only a broken wrist and lots of bruising. The car had full cage and harness and stood up very well in the crash. She has a GTS-T series 2 on its way from japan at the moment how ironic ! Would like to have a chat about the crash with you, my mobile is 0417898512. Thanks everyone for their support.

Regards: Darren

Ive sent AIR an email discussing my disaproval of the way they have decided to cancell the event and encourage everyone to do the same.

Sorry bout the spelling its late and im annoyed

I had PB's all round tonight. Still could've gone better' date=' and on one pass I almost did! Was on track for a 12.2-12.3 until.....

Howdy Matt It was my daughter who was in the torana at the drags, am very happy to say she got out of it with only a broken wrist and lots of bruising. The car had full cage and harness and stood up very well in the crash. She has a GTS-T series 2 on its way from japan at the moment how ironic ! Would like to have a chat about the crash with you, my mobile is 0417898512. Thanks everyone for their support.

Regards: Darren[/quote']

G'day Darren,

I replied to the PM mate, but just quickly...

I'm really happy to hear she only sustained minor injuries. It looked like a very scary ride! Please pass on a "get-well" from the SAU crew.

I hope the damage to the Torana isn't too bad? I certainly looked like a fair amount of panel damage.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt, can you let me know how good a job he does, as I need to get mine done too, and also what are his prices like?

He did a bloody good job mate! Very impressed and would happily recommend him to others. He charges $55 a corner, and he comes to YOU (home, office etc...)

He heats the paint up first and then uses the hub roller to roll the lip completely flat. There isn't so much as a single crack in the paint on the very edge of the guards, or externally either :D Up inside the guard on the internal section of lip that gets folded up the paint copped a few chips (to be expected with a big roller going over and over it) but other than that it's perfect!

We loaded up the boot with a few large people and got the arse end squating as much as possible. The 275 Nittos fit without a drama now, even with very little neg camber (-0.6) :)

Pity I didn't get a chance to see just how much of an improvement they could give me :D I rushed around like a headless chook (buying Nittos, getting guards rolled, wheel alignment and then washing the car etc...) only to end up all-dressed-up-and-nowhere-to-go :D

I can still spin the Nittos under straight line WOT 2nd gear acceleration :D Having said that though it doesn't light it up as easily as the 540's did. A few repeated WOT blasts soon see a build-up of heat and with it an increase in grip. With less pressure and more heat they're going to be nice and sticky!

Hey Matt,

Any chance of seeing what the rolled guards looked like?

I'm going to be running on a set of 275 nitto's in a month or so, so I'm keen to see what the results of the guard rolling are!

Cheers,

matt

He did a bloody good job mate! Very impressed and would happily recommend him to others. He charges $55 a corner, and he comes to YOU (home, office etc...)  

He heats the paint up first and then uses the hub roller to roll the lip completely flat. There isn't so much as a single crack in the paint on the very edge of the guards, or externally either :D Up inside the guard on the internal section of lip that gets folded up the paint copped a few chips (to be expected with a big roller going over and over it) but other than that it's perfect!  

We loaded up the boot with a few large people and got the arse end squating as much as possible. The 275 Nittos fit without a drama now, even with very little neg camber (-0.6) :)

Pity I didn't get a chance to see just how much of an improvement they could give me :D  I rushed around like a headless chook (buying Nittos, getting guards rolled, wheel alignment and then washing the car etc...) only to end up all-dressed-up-and-nowhere-to-go :D

Good to hear he does a good job, any chance of a contact number etc?

Bummer about the drags being cancelled, has it been re-scheduled or is that it until next month? I'm sure your efforts will pay off whatsisname - just think a little while back you were still trying to crack a 12!! Now with some proper tyres and a decent launch, there is no reason a 11 isn't possible. How things change over a matter of monts, keep it up Matt

Chris

I'd love to head over to Heathcote, even just to watch! Unfortunately it's not good timing for me :( Not unless someone has a spare seat in their aircraft (just a quick day trip):P

Matt (Matty Lowth - too many bloody Matt's :D) No prob's mate I'll see what I can come up with re a photo or 2.

Chris, the contact details for 'Slammed Mobile Guard Rolling' are: Jeff Hughes 0401 400 005 He's only too happy to travel to wherever you want :(

Yeah mate it's amazing the gains I've made with my set-up in recent months. I'll probably hang up my drag racing boots if I run an 11.

Oh well guys, be brave and drive over to Heathcote this weekend. Not only will you get a chance to race on one of the best prepped tracks in the country, you will also be able to see the car that bedded in your Nittos in action :)

I'd be more concerned with the weather for the weekend then the drive over. I hope it doesn't rain and ruin it for all the competitiors and spectators alike who made it over from interstate.

• 7 years later...