SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Looks sick! Now please lower it... just a cm lower will make a world of difference, especially to the front..

Beginning to accept the truth in that statement.......maybe I should surprise myself with some new Teins as an xmas present.

....because parking close to the kerb is overrated ;)

NewImage_zpsfd77ea7d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update :)

Have always felt guilty for not having a GTR passenger seat and when I saw a great deal on bookface earlier this evening I could not resist picking up these bad boys......

NewImage_zpsd33e9252.jpg

Thank you to Jack :)

Edited by jez NF

This is what the inside of the wheel adjuster thingie looks like btw for anyone struggling to remove it so that you can take the plastic trim off...on the previous seat it took me over half an hour to get a flat head screwdriver in there to wedge open the circlip !! Anyways...the plastic bits are going to be painted first thing tomorrow.

1_zpse0ab1ff1.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys......makes it all worthwhile.

This is a recent photatoe I took that actually came out nicer then expected :)

IMAG0275_zpsyatoieru.jpg

In other news I have started researching fabric dye.

After a bit of internet research over the last few days, I decided to just YOLO (you only live once - I did not know what it meant either initially..hahaa) and this happened...........

P.S. If I end up with a black back and bum don't try this at home !!

Everyone knows what stock seats with factory material that looked good 18 odd years ago looks like nowadays.

So there is going to be no picture for that.....

(insert picture of faded GTR seat)

This is after the first light coat...

9_zps2873e77e.jpg

This is after I turned up the heat and went with another two coats....

8_zpsa30c462f.jpg

Getting my black on....

7_zps1581a731.jpg

It is bound to dry patchy for the first few coats...so I am not too worried...but hopefully after a few thousand coats it will be nice and even !!

P.S. It is drying up quite nicely actually as I type this and has begun to look pretty good YAY !!

NOW TO SEE IF IT RUNS WITH SWEAT !!

Also (since I forgot earlier) shout out to Joel for being an absolute gem of a mate and remembering that I wanted tinted indicators and selling me his. Beats my DIY tinted ones any day. Though in all fairness to myself I was trying to tint amber lens..haha. Pictures tomorrow !!

Picked up a spare set of these to have a little play with replacing the amber with a clear lens....will see how we go. Thanks to...umm...what was his name now...oh yes Anthony !! :)

IMAG0327_zpsfrrmiqly.jpg

Tinted indicators fitted

2c6448ab-2524-4a65-b5aa-db7a3b0d5e39_zps

:)

1111_zps06584f91.jpg

The seat is looking real nice.....will do two more coats to seal in the colour and ensure it has a nice smooth finish

IMAG0339_zpscpwkpzgz.jpg

Really impressed with how easy it is to do and it turned out not as patchy as I thought it was going to be.....HOWEVER the decisive bit is going to be if the colour runs....which we shall soon find out

IMAG0340_zpsoa4sns6i.jpg