SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Thanks for your input guys and yeah James that is going to have to be my next option by the looks of it. Already speaking with Harold from PerformanceLub....saw the link from a post you made in 2009?? ..or something I cant remember - i have read that much of info online its uncanny

My first post, however I have spent the last three hours reading this thread.

Such a clean Skyline and it looks amazing. Good job! :)

Cheers man :)

I will be ordering Redline stuff first thing tomorrow. Going to be a bit different and go with 2 litres of lightweight shockproof and 1 litre of superlight so that I get best of both worlds. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

Also.....not the clearest of photographs but the car has come a long way :yes:

compare2_zps85f4bee6.jpg

compare1_zpsbcc23678.jpg

So finally got around to doing the second gearbox oil change two days ago.....

IMAG0203_zpsvclecyhm.jpg

Did it through the shifter hole this time as I now know exactly how much goes in.

IMAG0204_zpsg7crnydc.jpg

RESULTS

First start up and drive around - This was immediately after putting the oil in. Shifted into reverse and first beautifully. Second was still hard to put into and notchy. Got nice and smooth when warm as usual.

Second day of driving - This was on the way back from work this evening. Went into second with a tiny bit of grinding for the first three four shifts. Then felt really good with slight stiffness but no grinding or obstruction.

It seems to be getting better but I refuse to be happy till it gets really good - so I will keep monitoring for a week......thanks to everyone who recommended Redline as you are right so far - it would be easy to say "should have gone with Redline" but then again hindsight is a wonderful thing.

If it's grinding then it's grinding, Redline does not FIX synchro problems it only HIDES synchro problems. You're synchros are stuffed and unfortunately Redline is only a bandaid fix. I run Redline in mine and it did help the problem, but 10 months later and it's gotten worse so the next step is a rebuild or replacement.

Yeah I know.....I am hoping for and if it gets me past xmas I will be a very happie chappie....house deposit time around then so I dont want any big expenses at the moment. Just happy its not prominent anymore to be honest

Okay I am now a Redline fanboy. Has started to really work well and gear changes are a lot smoother than before. Would seriously recommend it to anyone starting to experience gearbox woes.

In other news......had a play with the editing software on my phone

a_zps62b9d135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wing ---> rear diffuser ---> then racetrack :yes:

No racetrack K-Dawg.......passenger on board !!

Screenshot_2014-10-20-12-00-21_zps0eictk

Have nothing new to report really......I have been slacking off on the car build for now as I am in saving mode but I am still very motivated so there is no need to panic.

Been building random "jap stuff" for myself in the meantime.......all for the big ass garage at the new place !!

Picked up this bit of whiteboard from Bunnings the other day

IMG-20141022-WA0001_1_zpsnvl87cc5.jpg

Got out my paint pens and put my artistic skills (or lack of them - lol) to good use....

NewImage_zps0deefd0e.jpg

Few nails later....ta da....a cool personalized tool storage thingo for my basic tools; which will be mounted on the garage wall !!

IMAG0242_zpspldmybjg.jpg

Looks like a two year old was let loose but ah well....I am proud of it...hahaaa