SAU Community

Do You Warn Oncoming Drivers?

hamiltonau

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few cars flash me today to which I waved and flashed back. I made sure I stuck on the limit, popped up over a hill and there was old smokey pointing his nerf gun at me. I swear the look on his face was like "but that guys driving a Skyline and I should've got him but..."

Sorry Smokey, No Double Demerits for me! :nyaanyaa:

thought this relevant and another reason why i flash oncoming drivers, they are only hiding behind the next hill/tree/port-a-loo for one reason and one reason only..

Afternoon-Picdump-Banned-In-Hollywood-825-620x463.jpg

at least the yanks or whereever this is dont pretend its anything else.

• 4 months later...

spotted this and thought it relevant

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/speed-trap-warning-ok-to-flash-lights-says-us-judge-20120525-1z8lr.html

pity its an American driver who got let off. Interesting to note your not in trouble here for warning people just 'improper use of high beams'

Con's -

It's illegal.

It may slow a speeding driver. Big deal. It also warns every other crim on the road what is ahead. What if the next car you flash is the drunk or stoned driver, or the stolen car, or the uninsured driver that goes on to hit you, a friend or family.

Stop being so dramatic.

Shouldn't be speeding in the first place :P, now seriously i'll give a freindly warning to other cars as long as its not an RBT or a over the top sneaky highway patrol.. if your dumb enough not to see them then f**k ya in my oppinion but f**k these mobile speed revenue raising f**ks off. I always give the dream boats the finger as I drive past f**king f**kers.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I alway flash an oncoming car if there is a cam car , ibelive it's the good thing ! .some times your just cruising and not even looking at your speed for a bit and you might be on a couple over you get flashed n you no slow down save $$$ :) if you can get in trouble for that ! That's bill shit . Specially c#%ts that leave there high been on !

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently my sister got pulled over for "flashing lights dangerously at oncoming traffic" she was only warned, but in saying that i don't know the full story but it sounds like absolute garbage to me.

I will always flash, eg: Me and my mate were bothing cruising when he decided to punch it (on a road where cops notoriously park and get the old speed camera out) i saw the cop parked up the road and flashed my mate and he slowed right down. Saved his life!

• 2 weeks later...