SAU Community

What Are Good And Bad Suburbs In Perth!?

Char

hey people,

currently looking at buying house, anyone got opinions on good/bad suburbs in Perth!!?? sort of looking at Lockridge or Ellenbrook but still just anywhere atm

Edited by Char

mate, if you can:

stay away from mirrabooka, girrawheen, nangebub, in the north, stay away from forestville/field in the east, south = stay away from armadale and canningvale, but the west is good, if you got the cash; go to applecross, or como or around garden city shopping centre is nice :P it all comes down to price range (perth is like the dearest place to buy full stop)

Forget Lockridge.........cheap for a good reason as explained above. I had a house in Beldon for a few years, that place was OK, dunno about now though. Clowns all over the place these days. Good luck with the house hunting anyway.

Cheers GW

Fkn LOL @ telling someone considering Lockeridge, that armadale is dodgy :laugh:

I have been living on the armadale line, on and off, for over 20 years, and have never had a problem. Never been bailed up on the train stations, never even had a reason to call the cops for anything.

I have been living on the armadale line, on and off, for over 20 years, and have never had a problem. Never been bailed up on the train stations, never even had a reason to call the cops for anything.

That's cause you're the one doing all the break and enters ;)

cheers for the info, yeah its hard to decide, it seems only now i realise how little i know about suburbs.

my price range is only round 300-400k, so nothing too spectacular

its funny coz when i ask my mates etc it seems everyone has something bad to say about everywhere! :P

That's cause you're the one doing all the break and enters ;)

well, there IS that.......

But yeah, every suburb has its own issues. Best tip I can give, is that if you find a place you like the look of, go back a few times, at different times of the day and night, and on different days of the week (such as pension day, about 7pm) You will soon see any warning signs.

Price will be inversley proportional to how dodgy an area it, more dodgy = cheaper :D

not always true we have afew areas down here full of CUBs = costs a fortune but feels like living in rockingham

Dalkeith is considered to be the best "Rich" man subrub amongest the Chinese family friends I know...

But take it with a grain of salt as it is they are the same people that think a BMW 318i/Merc C180 is the same as a 7 series or S-class... :whistling:

My parents bought a block of land in a subrub called Jindalee (way up north, freeway ends before reaching there) & it looks pretty decent with all new houses & I've being driving there a couple of times at night/evening & didn't see any little shitheads runing around like I see in my current subrub.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Dalkeith is considered to be the best "Rich" man subrub amongest the Chinese family friends I know...

note to self:

Territory Borders:

Dalkeith = Chinese

Beechborro = Vietnamese

Beckenham = Lebonese

ese is the word

so far no one has said anything bad about Ellenbrook which is good as thats probably what im leaning towards atm :)

I went over to the ellenbrook shopping centre opening (had some business there). I thought it was a really nice suburb, till I went back the next day to find a stolen/dumped car in the main carpark with light pole toppled over. I didn't believe the locals till I saw it for myself.

But I'm from the east, what would I know!

But as the other guys say - budget dictates location. Building is usually cheaper than buying established, but it takes time. Maybe the 'predicted' GFC will shake things up...

Yeah, I'd stay away from Lockridge or Balga/Westminster. Most suburbs have their good and bad, just need to try to pick the area of each suburb. I've heard lots of bad problems about Armadale, but lived there for 6 months and didn't have a single problem, only moved because I was working in Joondalup. Caught the train to and from work for about half of that time while I didn't have a license and didn't have a single problem. Have heard dodgy things about Bassendean too, but at least the street I live on is quiet, except for the occasional douchebag deciding they need to floor it out of the slow point outside my house.