SAU Community

What Are Good And Bad Suburbs In Perth!?

Char

Ellenbrook for us was full of win. Shopping centre, 'The Shops', is dead (compared to other ones) so you dont get pushed about when going for the weekly shop and thats on a sat morning.

Buying built is still cheaper at the moment (depending on what you want) and there was heaps within your budget when we were looking (only a few months ago now). Even saw a couple with big sheds out the back.

anywhere of the burbs near water (river, lake or coast) are usually a higher socioeconomic areas, ive grown up on the northern strip from say scarborough to ocean reef, west of waneroo rd, and never had any problems, perfect area.

in the northern burbs, west of marmion = rich, marmion - freeway = average, freeway to waneroo rd = cheap.

greenwood ftw.

• 1 month later...

No matter where you buy you will run into dick heads and probably at some stage will have your house knocked over.

Balga/Girrawheen area is actually not that bad big blocks cheap and the drive into the city in the morning is quite pleasurable(No need to get on the freeway)

Where ever you buy upgrade security and make sure you have somewhere to lock your car up at night.

• 4 weeks later...

I Live in Roleystone so I do most of my shopping in Armadale and find most of it very good,Armadale has Great shopping and good food etc. Along the railway line is a Getto as per most areas but everywhere else is very good. Very large Burb with some real bargins.

Gosnells, and Kenwick is pure Getto so if Single Junky Mums and other down and outers are your thing then the place is full of them. $20 Hookers and a free Itch :yucky:

• 5 weeks later...

Fkn LOL @ telling someone considering Lockeridge, that armadale is dodgy :laugh:

I have been living on the armadale line, on and off, for over 20 years, and have never had a problem. Never been bailed up on the train stations, never even had a reason to call the cops for anything.

I Live in Roleystone so I do most of my shopping in Armadale and find most of it very good,Armadale has Great shopping and good food etc. Along the railway line is a Getto as per most areas but everywhere else is very good. Very large Burb with some real bargins.

Gosnells, and Kenwick is pure Getto so if Single Junky Mums and other down and outers are your thing then the place is full of them. $20 Hookers and a free Itch :yucky:

i agree

same as dale - ive lived in armadale for my whole life (so like 12 yrs - lol jks)

we used to have a problem where we used to live (west armadale), but each area has its good and bad sections

Ive never had a problem with muggings or being bailed up or had a rsn to kill the cops

just avoid living along the railway lines usually....

Bit of a late reply, but it's really down to chance. There are some parts you just know would be dogdy & would avoid if you had the chance. Lived with my mum for over 10 years in Wanneroo, never had an issue. Live in Heathridge now, no issues but I've heard of a couple of houses in the street being broken into. Best mate lives in East Vic Park, had a car searched through (don't think there was much to take but alarm was dodgy so the car wasn't locked, they just had to open the door) but actually got broken into a few months back. Got all the small stuff, laptop ipod jewellery etc. My gf & her family have lived in Ballajura (dodgy part apparently) for like 20 years & haven't had an issue, next door has been raided by cops a couple of times & there has been some domestics.

Like I said, chance! Also heard since Hepburn Ave has been extended, Hillarys crime rates have shot up, as they just have to use that road from the inland "dodgier" suburbs. And Hillarys is a very good suburb!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Agreed. Depends what you are after. Perth pricing is really quite simple the further away from the city centre you go the cheaper and likewise the further you move away from the sea.

So the best way of looking at it is prioritising

either

- Proximity to city

- Proximity to beach

i.e if you like being close to the beach move further North or South until you hit your price range. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...