SAU Community

Tokyo Auto Salon 2012

NYL83R

Heya guys :)

Nagoya sounds like it may be on the cards for my return trip from Mazda in Hiroshima.

Niiice :)

Anyone keen to meet up?

I'm free between 9th and 14th for anything to do with cars!!

The snow in hakuba is currently epic BTW!!

Mark :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you do go, let me know when you will be getting to Nagoya station and, if possible, I will meet you there. Then we can go into the museum together and afterwards to Sakae if you want - To be honest I havent actually been to the bars of Sakae despite having lived within 45mins of the place for almost 3 years. elrodeo666 would be a much better guide for the seedy underbelly of Japan than me. I mostly deal in learning about and abiding by bicycle bi-laws, doing laundry and partcipating in online censorship surveys with my Apple Mac. :rant:

Heya LOACH,

That'd be cool, I'll post up my schedule when I have something concrete :)

I'm definitely hitting TAS on Saturday 14th as I fly out that evening.

Will be doing Hiroshima and Mazda museum over 2 days, then Toyota museum on the way back to Tokyo. Dates to be confirmed.

Once again, the snow in Hakuba is awesome!

I'll be at TAS on Sunday 15th. Some friends of mine with workshops and automotive engineering firms will have some booths there, plus I'm a local living in Yokohama.

So if anyone wants a trip down to Daikoku on the Sat night lemme know. I don't have a skyline anymore, but I do have a 1996 Celica GT-FOUR ;)

Heya all :)

It`s been ages since I could log in properly?!

Update from me.

I`ve already done Hiroshima and the Mazda Museum as well as Nagoya and Toyota Museum in Aichi.

My travel partners turned shit and I decided to part ways and do my own stuff earlier than expected.

I`m now (Sunday 8th Jan) in Yokohama for the night then heading to Tokyo (accommodation unknown as yet) to do Odaiba in Tokyo bay over the next two days (Museum of Emerging Science + Tezuka museum etc) Then I`m bored till Friday (13th Jan) and open for any random adventures. I`ve seen most of the touristy stuff (been in Jap since 23rd Dec)but keen to double up if someone is keen for company.

PS: I got pics of my humping the 1991 Le Mans winning Mazda 787B, ultimate win ;)

Are you serious? That museum is amazing. You'd be hard pressed to find a motor museum with such an impressive array of cars, in such a well-designed venue AND with such presentation and synergy to the concept of showing people the progression of the passenger vehicle from early Da Vinci concepts to modern day.

I'll be at TAS on Sunday 15th. Some friends of mine with workshops and automotive engineering firms will have some booths there, plus I'm a local living in Yokohama.

So if anyone wants a trip down to Daikoku on the Sat night lemme know. I don't have a skyline anymore, but I do have a 1996 Celica GT-FOUR ;)

PM sent :D

first time i have been able to log on with my laptop since in japan.... was only able to logon with mobile phone... strange.

mark, if you liked the museum at odaiba, check out the science and nature museum at ueno park... pretty sweet and ony 600 yen :thumbsup: even has an early datsun 12 on display along with a couple of early datsun engines. also if you are looking for something to do, if you have not checked out sunshine city yet in Ikebekuro, shopping there is awesome, as well as a great view from Sunshine 60.

did you have a look at History Garage? I always lve visiting there.... and this time i got to sit in a Subaru 360 K111 :D I think the guy was just letting kids hop in, but I got an offer, so why not.... :D

wish i could go to Yokohama Sat night but timing is not good for me (as well as staying in Toshima) maybe next trip? :banana:

I am still going Sat, so feel free to pm if you would like to meet somewhere. sugestions on where to meet?

post-11630-0-11704800-1326283651_thumb.jpg

post-11630-0-85071400-1326283779_thumb.jpg

Heya NYL83R!!

Bout time I had freaking internet...

I did the Museum of Emerging Science in Odaiba and really liked it, even got to watch a demo of ASIMO the Honda humanoid which was kinda cool/nerdy.

I`ll probably hit Harajuku again today (Thursday), I liked that place last time! Friday I have some Jap friends taking me out for the day and watching sumo in the arvo.

I did check out Toyotas History garage, was pretty good EXCEPT the lighting was fuxored and the flash on my camera is a bit average. Such a shame, some real nice cars in their...

My fave so far was the Mazda museum in Hiroshima. I managed to get a pic of my humping the back of the 1991 Le Mans winning Mazda 787B ;) mwahahahaaa

Another sweet humping pic to add to my collection, I`ve got similar humping pics from Ferrari museum, Lamborghini museum, Pagani factory, Maserati museum etc etc

I have two Jap friends who are keen to do TAS with me, they aren`t overly into cars but want to see why I extended my trip by 5 days!! I`m actually leaving TAS for Narita at around 5. I`m sure my firends won`t stay mush past lunch/early arvo, so from there on I`m more than happy to meet up and talk cars for the rest of the day!

I`ll PM my number if you`d like to catch up after lunch at TAS.

Have a good one guys!