SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

and that there is the essence of the problem..

"you lot."

as yes every-one there is exactly the same.

do you think the site foreman is on the same as a engineer is on the same as an explosives expert is on the same as a dump truck driver.

would I expect a PT to earn more FIFO than one in Melb, yes for sure.

would they slot into the pay grades in an appropriate spot yes. is it going to be as much as Pat with a uni degree and years of experience, hell no.

anyhow most PT not be abel to work there as they do Drug tests so they would be screwed..

:blink:

+1

Everyone gets paid their expected base salary which comes down to their qualification & experience.

My base is no different to working my position in melbourne.

The difference in fifo is if your roster means 30% extra hours you get paid extra 30%

However like all other jobs, if I work beyond my contract hours I don't get paid any over time. (13/14hr days against my 12hr roster)

You do get an extra couple of thousand dollars for living away from home compensation but it's small change

shutup Gina Rinehart

• Like 1

Yup we got two personal trainers and a physio who work at the gym on site.

That's awesome! Maybe I can utilise my PT quals. as a FIFO later on down the track. Didn't know that existed but stoked to know it does.

I know it sounds weird me saying how great that is, considering all the FIFO bashing going on the past couple of pages haha

You don't know what it's like to be FIFO mate

My people have been persecuted for thousands of years

Slaves to the 9-5ers

People see me on my jet ski and they judge me. I don't even like HSVs, I'm an FPV man. See me wearing high vis in the airport lounge and they judge me. See me tryin to score a slab off the flight attendants and they judge me. See me walk out of a brothel they judge me

Slaves to the 9-5ers

People see me on my jet ski and they judge me. I don't even like HSVs, I'm an FPV man. See me wearing high vis in the airport lounge and they judge me. See me tryin to score a slab off the flight attendants and they judge me. See me walk out of a brothel they judge me

I love jet skis and I love wearing hi vis, especially in airport lounges. I wanna be a FIFO!! I wanna be that guy!!

Slaves to the 9-5ers

literally LOL'd

POTW

Step 1. Purchase Jet Ski.

I know a guy who is selling...

no good...

has to be brand new and on finance

Exactly! Hahaha

In other news, reality has hit me hard again and I miss my Skyline :(

Would trade my SS-V for a well sorted skyline in the offer ever came up :(

Was a bloody nice 34R I was gonna check out in a week, but it sold on me :(

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1999/SSE-AD-2927666/?Cr=10&sdmvc=1

Ain't selling my 33, no matter what I buy to "replace" it...too many people miss them. Can't buy much else for the same money that delivers as much fun.

Was a bloody nice 34R I was gonna check out in a week, but it sold on me :(

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Skyline-1999/SSE-AD-2927666/?Cr=10&sdmvc=1

Ain't selling my 33, no matter what I buy to "replace" it...too many people miss them. Can't buy much else for the same money that delivers as much fun.

Have looked at that 34R several times whilst its been on carsales and I want it so bad. Basically the EXACT 34R I would build if I purchased a stock 34, everything from mechanicals to exterior. IT. IS. PERFECTION. Shame you couldn't snap it up, mint as hell :)

And don't sell the 33, you'll miss it (unless it's for the aformentioned 34R). I still miss mine :(

Yeah it was pretty perfect, I wouldn't change a thing about it, except to lower the spoiler a tad. Had every intention of viewing it when I visit Leesh in a week and making him an offer...wasn't meant to be though. Really nice guy too, could tell he was very genuine about it and looked after it.

Lotta money on a 15 year old car, but then I think that my Skyline is 20 and it's been flawless to me so it wouldn't matter. You'd spend way more than that modifying a clean example anyway; my 33 is no doubt in the 20s for what it's cost me overall.