SAU Community

Rb25 Turbo Upgrade

i have been reading over all the forums and i know these topics have been dragged up hundreds of time put was just after a clear cut answers on a few questions.

i will be getting a hand me down off a friend a gt3076r internal gated with the genuine garrett 5 bolt housing and .82 rear i was hoping to achieve around the 300hp mark . i currently have installed apexi pod, fmic ,3inch straight through exhaust, apexi safc2, splitfires, iridium plugs, greddy profec b 2 boost controller on standard boost havent wound her up yet was wondering

Question 1 : Can i bolt on this turbo and run it with the safc 2 or with i have to go with the stand alone ecu power fc etc

Question 2 : Can i use a q45 afm with the safc i will be getting 3.5 inch intake pipe made so it would be neater and easier if it could just bolt on a q45 afm i know the inlet on the turbo is 4 inch to will be getting reducer .will reducing it to 3.5 inch restrict at all or should i try to keep it all to 4 inch

Question 3 : will my hp dreams be achievable with this set up or will i have to go down the line of injectors, fuel pump, fpr

Question 4 : Are these gt3076 any good i know there have been cases with boost spike with the smaller .73 ar with the nissan 6 bolt rear housing, i know external is always going to be better with better boost control bla bla but for my hp goal are these turbos any chop

Question 5 : Was going to plumb a bov to return into the intake will this affect my afm readings i know they do it as standard but wasnt sure with the larger turbo though and i know cold side of turbo is better for the bov to be installed but will taking off the hot pipe affect anything or give bad readings.

This is on my r33 gtst with series two engine i will eventually be fitting a power fc and fuel pump, injectors and all that stuff but was just wondering if it will work for the time being or am i best off saving my coin and getting it all done at once. Any help or guidance would be extremely helpful as i am hoping to start over the christmas break. Sorry if these a noob questions was just looking for some help and guidance and what am i getting myself into to i will be hopefully posting up my install for any help to others once i get it going once again sorry for bringing up these topics again.

cheers dean

1. Dont bother with safc with a GT3076, get a power FC.

2. Not sure, search, pretty sure I saw a thread about that recently. Its not that common.

3. A standard setup makes close to 300hp@engine so not sure where you got 300hp. Common figures are 270-300rwkw with a GT3076 on 18psi.

4. Yes they are good, they are probably the most common turbo used on an RB25. I have not heard of any boost controll issues with the 5 bolt garrett 0.82 rear that you have so who cares about the other problems.

5. Works fine.

Dont bother fitting it until you have cash for ecu, fuel pump and injectors. Your standard turbo can almost max out the standard fuel system so no point.

As Ash said, just reading through the dyno results will answer most of these questions.

3076R is more suited for 400rwHP setups.

So skid 300rwHP and go half way at least :P 350rwHP will love it. At 300rwhp that turbo is still asleep and the power won't make the lag worth it :P Need at least 14psi whistling.gif

You'll need at least 550cc injectors though plus a fuel pump to feed them.

That SAFC can do it but it's not really best practice, I'd splash out for a powerFC, or Haltech with MAP sensor (replaces AFM)

<div><br></div><div>But yeah, check out the RB25 dyno results thread to get an idea of what other mods people have. I've got a 3076R in mine, build thread in my sig.</div>

Edited by zoidbergmerc

Thanks for the help guys maybe i under estimated the power output of these turbos with the right set up,

I have bitten the bullet and have decided to buy all the power fc and injectors and stuff now few questions in this the correct part no for apexi power fc with hand controller #pfc ecr33 010-2667 been hunting around and this seems to be the one for a series 2 rb25 that keeps on popping up just confirming.

Injectors was just going to go for the side feed nismo injectors was getting 555cc ones but 750cc are like $50 more will 750cc be to big can i get to large an injector for my power output was going to go with the side feed for the ease of installation and what i hear a quality product,

Can i use my greddy profec b boost controller with the power fc can see you can buy the kit for the power fc but since i already have one was hoping they could work together

A walbro 550hp in tank pump seems to be the go aswell i cant see me pushing out any power above that without doing some heavy internal work

i feel i am capable of fitting all these goodies will i be able to putt my car to the tuning shop once all is installed or will i have to get it towed to the shop

hopefully i not pissing anyone off with these questions :stupid:

Go a nismo/tomei/hks [these pumps all look the same but have different labels on them] or a bosch pump just to be sure to be sure.

555's are good for the job, 750's will also be fine.

You can run whatever evc you want, so a profec is fine [just turn the boost control option off on the power fc].

Do all your mods and drive it to the shop is OK, but take it easy.

If you have a fmic and zorst etc you'll get 270-300rwkw out of that setup.