SAU Community

UHF Radio

doxximus

a while back there was a group buy for a bunch of radios

which ones were they? im in need of buying one, looked at dicksmith at the uniden ones, some cover 3k, some 5k, just wanna find out before this cruise on the 24th

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was thinkin bout this one...

product_5668.jpg

Its supplied by electus distributions who are the wholesaler for most of Jaycar's products, they have a special right now for 3 CB radios,a nd I think this one was $25 or something... bargain price really....

maybe we should organise a group buy for before the cruise

People - this is stupidly cheap! Get on this band wagon if you come on the cruises and you dont have a UHF radio already. I really cant stress enough how cool it is to have one on the cruises.

Boyz If memory serves me correct those UHF are a POS! For $25 I can guarantee that yes it may cover the 5km range but It will break out alot and wont be clear...

acsplit arrange the group buy a while back as his work sells them... spend the $90 or so on one of his as they are quality.. I have one and have used the ones your looking at and there is a huge difference in quality

http://www.dansdata.com/digitalk.htm

and

http://www.strathfield.com/Product.asp?ProdID=201

Contacted Electus, turns out its the same CB but the older housing (ie its cosmetically out of style) hence why they're clearing em at $23... and for that price even if it only works for 500m its f**kin awesome.

Jaycar is still sellin em at $42