SAU Community

Fs: Hks Single Turbo Kit

Cobey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shakes head at Cobey*....

On another note, sheldon, you should buy it ! Cant have me massively outlooking and out performing you ;)

Pssshh.. My car's going to sparkle brighter than Edward Cullen. You'll look like 2011 Sophie Monk next to me.

If i'm going to FI - it'll be the JWT Twin Turbo Kit.

Pssshh.. My car's going to sparkle brighter than Edward Cullen. You'll look like 2011 Sophie Monk next to me.

If i'm going to FI - it'll be the JWT Twin Turbo Kit.

nothing a 3588GTX and some NOS cant fix :P Once i can out drive the 450 ill upgrade but for now this kit is amazing quality and good for around 450HP :)

Plus if u buy off cobey u get my help once u put it together since i will have done the same :)

The 3588 turbo bolts on the housing of the 3037 turbo FYI so those who want to go upto 650HP you can ..

nothing a 3588GTX and some NOS cant fix :P Once i can out drive the 450 ill upgrade but for now this kit is amazing quality and good for around 450HP :)

Plus if u buy off cobey u get my help once u put it together since i will have done the same :)

The 3588 turbo bolts on the housing of the 3037 turbo FYI so those who want to go upto 650HP you can ..

Just a quick question mate, I've got the HKS 3037 single kit as well with about 350whp on stock internals on 5psi. With a built engine are you saying that even running more boost you'll top out at about 450whp?

Just a quick question mate, I've got the HKS 3037 single kit as well with about 350whp on stock internals on 5psi. With a built engine are you saying that even running more boost you'll top out at about 450whp?

Yep, i will know for sure once i do it when my parts arrive but 450 is around the max that 3037 can flow, u could get the new GTX wheel and get a little more out of it but 3588GTX is your next step up for 650.

What is this GTX3588? never heard of it till this thread and the GT35 has a larger rear than GT30.

You may have issues fitting the GT35 under the passenger side as HKS have arranged it. If you want more go, I would just dump some e85 in the tank and retune. Should be good for over 500.

What is this GTX3588? never heard of it till this thread and the GT35 has a larger rear than GT30.

You may have issues fitting the GT35 under the passenger side as HKS have arranged it. If you want more go, I would just dump some e85 in the tank and retune. Should be good for over 500.

GTX3582 i mean !

it fits on the same housing as the 3037 i was told. So only a $1800 upgrade.

Upgrading to a 35R is a possibility, but then id want a bigger inter cooler, and the piping doesn't flow that great when creeping on decent power.

it is a fantastic piece of kit.

I may still do it if it doesn't sell, but i don't wanna make a 35R fit.

I've got my eye on other solutions.

Hey Aaron, I'm curious how long you've had the kit on yours on stock internals??

I've always wanted to go FI but i've always had doubts on doing it on stock internals because of reliability.

So is it reliable? Any problems?

I know keeping a low boost keeps it safe but how safe is safe?

Hey Aaron, I'm curious how long you've had the kit on yours on stock internals??

I've always wanted to go FI but i've always had doubts on doing it on stock internals because of reliability.

So is it reliable? Any problems?

I know keeping a low boost keeps it safe but how safe is safe?

I've had it on for more than 6 months now and so far not a hint of any problems. I track my car monthly and do give the poor girl quite a bit of stick but so far it's held up really well. I was hoping to get at least 500whp with a built engine though but looks like it might not be possible...

I've had it on for more than 6 months now and so far not a hint of any problems. I track my car monthly and do give the poor girl quite a bit of stick but so far it's held up really well. I was hoping to get at least 500whp with a built engine though but looks like it might not be possible...

Thats good to hear its not giving you any trouble. I'm hoping to have mine sorted by early next year.

HKS seem to think 450hp with the built engine, I think the turbo is capable of that, plus a little more. I reckon if you went E85 and a good tune, you would see your power figure easy.

Pretty much what Scott said, looking back on it!pinch.gif

Edited by PN-Mad

Thats good to hear its not giving you any trouble. I'm hoping to have mine sorted by early next year.

HKS seem to think 450hp with the built engine, I think the turbo is capable of that, plus a little more. I reckon if you went E85 and a good tune, you would see your power figure easy.

Pretty much what Scott said, looking back on it!pinch.gif

Ahhh.... E85.... if only I could buy it from a petrol station instead of 200L drums. I'm not a big fan of having a couple of those drums in the garage during summer...

Nice... I track my car about once a year. All NA at the moment so keeps going and going but makes me happy to hear your stock internals is solid enough for FI and track once a month. Lots of inspiration for me!