SAU Community

Work Ute Holden Rodeo?

Jamie77

I'm looking for a work ute to travel about an hour to work just carrying all my tools. I can get a good deal on this 2007 Holden rodeo ra dx 2.4 4x2. Has anyone had any experience with this particular model?

Cheers

I'm looking for a work ute to travel about an hour to work just carrying all my tools. I can get a good deal on this 2007 Holden rodeo ra dx 2.4 4x2. Has anyone had any experience with this particular model?

Cheers

we got one of these at work albeit 2WD, good torquey motor that gives good fuel economy and very little in the way of mechanical trouble, provided the one you are looking at has a good service history id say go for it

average fuel economy, if not well looked after will shit it in quick but very torquey. Gearbox and diff ratios mean you are rowing the thing everywhere though if its a manual. Pretty poor interior assembly and beware the fuel pump. other than that, not a bad little ute for cheap

I used to drive one of these as a work vehicle.

Decent vehicle. Made in Thailand so build wasn't Japanese-esqu, but it wasn't Chinese either. Good motor but fekin' thirsty. Fuel economy was poo. I preferred the BA Falcon ute on LPG to the Rodeo (the other work vehicle I drove a lot).

yeah if your not carrying any great loads just a toolbox or 2 go for a lpg falcon...much more comfy good on fuel and parts are dirt cheap...

However if you are hauling lots of equipment the rodeo style will carry more cause of the longer wheelbase..

All depends how good a deal you are getting i suppose..I work for a courier mob mate and no one is driving rodeos..mostly mazda and fords are the most reliable....the rodeos ok but there is better ..

Rodeo are a heap of junk, bad on fuel, expensive for parts, parts arnt a simple walk in and buy, you always have to order shit, shit resale and shit to drive.

Don't waste ya money. Buy a Toyota or Nissan!!!

oops soory...i didnt mean the tray..lol

i meant their 2wd trays are pretty ordinary..i would probably prefer a rodeo actually ..it is more comfortable, quicker and looks a damn sight better as well...

And yes toyotas DIESELS are great (the petrols are definately nothing special) its a premium you pay for.

Lets face it if you are in the market for a cheap runabout tradie ute your not wanted to spend lots..

toyota and nissan have made a name for their tough quality diesel 4wds, they have big drivelines and high ride height..this doesnt mean they offer the best small utes..

if its an older diesel your after you may be right..but if its a newer diesel you want u cant go past the BT50 for quality and value...

If its a cheap reliable petrol or LPG runabout over 5 years old your after you really cant go past the courier/ bravo range or old faithful falcon ute..

Again it really depends how much the rodeo is...if its dirt cheap buy it, ZI know at least one guy with 500;000kms on his..its a V6 though...