SAU Community

Skyline/silvia Good For A Work Car?

non turbo silvias an skylines never hit puberty.

Pretty much anything will be better.

But hey, if you want one, get one, just make sure when you add nos you strengthen your floorpan as the last thing you wanna see is it ripping off as a result of damaging your manifold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apprently they're worse on fuel then skylines/silvia's, so i;ve been told..

skylines chew fuel faster, and have bigger tanks, the 4 bangers imprezza have smaller tanks and get roughly same k's its not all about the ks its about the amount of $ it takes to fill the tank too.

Edited by sultanaz

cops cant really get me for anything if i've got nothing illegal on my car..

and im not really into doing drifts, races, burnouts on public roads, thats what im mates bushbasher is for...

Cops Target Skylines and Silvias whether or not they are defective. If they wanna finger you, they will find some sort of defect in your car whether it be frayed seat belt,missing grill,no third brake light, or even smaller stuff. Just because they are not fond of the type of car you chose as a daily for driving to work.

And you can say "oh but my car wont have these things" and i will say "maybe so but they'll find something if they want to ;) "

And i re-iterate the part where i say "if they want to".

my n/a 34 uses about 11-12L/100km for driving around town .. if ive beeen out for long drives and lots of freeway action it gets to about 10 or so at best. not particularly the most fuel efficient cars.

if you dont want a falcodore cos their common, you prob wont be wanting a magna or anything of the sorts - but imo for your kinds of purposes they would be the best .. especially if theyve got LPG conversions. theres usually a reason why their common though - consider that.

my next recommendation would be something like a civic or as marc said a SSS pulsie .. but you dont like FWD

why? you've said yourself you leave the burnouts and drifts for your mates bushbasher - so whats the problem with a nice FWD car?

ive driven SSS pulsars and VTEC civics, i love em. their pretty good fun, and imo could well be more fun than my n/a skyline.

all mine does is look pretty and handle well and comfortably with a set of decent coilovers and good tyres. you could make a FWD handle just as well with similar mods, which you'll probably get for cheaper too!

oh and your eardrums will blow if you exhorst it - again, not the best choice for a daily.

and btw lol at the 121 bubble bros thumbsup.gif

jono your car looks siccckkk

jono your car looks sickk