SAU Community

Formula One 2012

N1GTR

No way Newey will go to Ferrari.

I cant remember the ins and outs of it but Ferrari had problems back in the day with John Barnard not wanting to move to Italy so set up a design office in UK meaning didnt have to spend all his time in Italy. They made it work but I read Todt scrapped it and in came Brawn/Byrne and Ferrari abandoned the idea of decentralised design. I suppose you can never say never...but Newey didnt like the curtains and McLaren I dont think he would like them at Ferrari.

After all it was DC that talked him into meeting with Horner and RBR and told him that their approach would give him the required freedoms within the team and outside of work. I just cant see him leaving RBR unless Horner and other major changes are made to the detriment of the team. Not something that Red Bull will do since they are now the most profitable energy drink manufacturer so would be silly to mess with their most successful brand recognition tool

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way Newey will go to Ferrari.

I cant remember the ins and outs of it but Ferrari had problems back in the day at first with Rory Byrne/John Barnard/Brawn etc having to set up a design office in UK s they didnt want to be spending all their time in Italy. They made it work but I read wouldnt happen post Todt leaving the team. I suppose you can never say never...but Newey didnt like the curtains and McLaren I dont think he would like them at Ferrari.

After all it was DC that talked him into meeting with Horner and RBR and told him that their approach would give him the required freedoms within the team and outside of work. I just cant see him leaving RBR unless Horner and other major changes are made to the detriment of the team. Not something that Red Bull will do since they are now the most profitable energy drink manufacturer so would be silly to mess with their most successful brand recognition tool

It was Barnard and the GTO - Guilford Technical Ofice.

Unless Alonso is set to retire some time soon I dont understand why Ferrari would bother with Vettel unless it is to unsettle/deprive RedBull of his services. There really arent that many top line drivers racing right now - Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Kimi (Maybe).

Felipe Massa has signed a new one-year deal with Ferrari, the Italian team have confirmed.

The Brazilian's future at Ferrari has been the subject of great speculation throughout the season, with a poor start to the campaign appearing as if it may cost him his seat.

However, a resurgence that has seen him finish in the top five in four of the last five races - including a second place finish in Japan - appears to have been enough to secure his spot with the Maranello outfit.

"Scuderia Ferrari announces it has renewed its contract with the driver Felipe Massa to the end of the 2013 race season," the team said in a statement.

"The Scuderia's driver line-up for next year is therefore made up of Fernando Alonso and the aforementioned Felipe Massa."

Massa admitted his delight at signing the deal and committed himself to the cause.

"Ferrari is my sports family. First, I want to thank President Montezemolo and (team principal) Stefano Domenicali, who gave me confidence which I have always maintained, even in the most difficult moments," said the 31-year-old.

"Both the team and the fans can be assured I will do all that is in my power to help the Scuderia to achieve the goals that arise every year."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8169046/Ferrari-Stick-With-Improving-Massa

"Both the team and the fans can be assured I will do all that is in my power to help the Scuderia to achieve the goals that arise every year."

If he means driving around the track out of the points then he is going to have to find something at the start of the season and maintain it. If he is talking about unbuckling his pants every time he is front or faster than Nando then he has that covered already.

So much Massa hate. His form in the last few races is the guy we saw alongside Schuey in his final year and alongside Kimi. Nowhere near he talent of Hamilton but i tell you what his behavior in the hours of thinking he had won then realising he had lost to Lewis was showed the character of a champion! The way Lewis throws his toys out the pram every few weeks and plays victim shows he isnt able to stand up and be counted as a man let alone a champion.

Read his latest twitter outburst having a sook that Button had un-followed him and people are abandoning him...only to find out later that Button had never followed him so stop being a paranoid, bitchy sook. So many examples of sooky, bitchy selfish, me-me-me behaviour. His trip over his dick losing places to Vettel and co in the fial stint to lose the WDC only to have Glock lose tyre temp and give Lewis the WDC i

taint the sports prestige by having won a championship

Joe Saward is still of the opinion that Webber will be at Ferrari in 2014. I can see Webber being willing but dont see a Ferrari need for him. Plenty fo other capable guys to drive alongside Alonso until Alonso retires. Guys like Hulk, Rosberg etc get a chance in a top car if they shine then great...if not when Alonso retires hunt for Vettel in 2017 if some other hotshot hasnt come along in the meantime

I'd like to see Webber in a Ferrari. I think he made the wrong choice.

Sadly I think he is never going to win a WDC - so the next best thing is surely to have driven for the prancing horse!

weber wouldnt move to Italy to live as he has he home set up just down the road fro the RBR factory and the pub he owns there also. He likes the place too much. Maybe when he retires i can see him in a management or technical type role with RBR too

There is no Massa hate. Just calling it like it is, he has been struggling at Ferrari for a while.

Although if you want to compare him to LH then Massa is a rank amateur at being a whining bitch. He is hanging on to his F1 drive by they skin of his teeth just like his Brazillian compatriot Barrichello did. A shame given that Kamikaze will probably be without a drive next year.

The lack of testing is allowing some drivers to continue long past their use by date.