Formula One 2012

N1GTR

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who would have though a Venezuelen pay driver would have brought Williams in from the wilderness. Senna is going to have to lift his game. As are Red Bull.

Just hope that fire is not going to cost Frank too much money. Anyway, looks like winning stuff is good for the share price:

http://quotes.wsj.co...teractive-chart

Edited by djr81

Just think what the win bonus was worth in Pastor's contract

No wonder he's wrapped

Hopefully somewhat less than the amount of extra coin Williams will get from finishing in a half way decent position in the constructors championship.

Hopefully somewhat less than the amount of extra coin Williams will get from finishing in a half way decent position in the constructors championship.

x2

Cant help but be happy for Willaims whith their current points haul. Almost makes up for the disaster of 2011

5 place grid penalty for the Schu next round to confirm whose fault we all knew it was regarding the Senna incident

I don't know about the Schumacher penalty... Watching it at the time, I thought it was all Michael's fault, but this slo-mo shows Senna drifting right initially (there's a clear refence with the pit exit line). That led Schumacher to commit to the outside, then Senna jinks back to the left to cover that move. That's a second move to defend position in my books. But even if you don't agree on that, tell me the subsequent move to the right by Schumacher wasn't caused by Senna's sudden jink. Its all pretty clumsy, but I think a 5 spot penalty for Schumacher causing that crash is a bit harsh, when it was just a reaction to Senna moving back to the left on him and probably worried he was going to run him off the road. If Senna had kept going left, they probably still would have crashed because it was all too late...I just don't think you can put all the blame on Michael there - he wouldn't have made that move back to the right if it wasn't for Senna's sudden jink back towards him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfls8VLYZr0&feature=related

Senna only moved once to cover the move the again back to the racing line which apparently they outlawed that at the beginning of the year but every has been doing it all year so you can't blame him for the crash if they have any consistency.

Clumsy on Senna's part, but at MSC should have left himself more room so he takes at least 75% of the blame in my eyes.

MSC was whining about Senna braking and moving back to the racing line like it was a sin but there is no rule against that is there?

Edited by NISMATT

the sudden-ness of that Senna jink was not a "I'm just returning to the racing line now, ok?" That was a "get stuffed, you're not going that way" sort of move. He didn't go through with it, but turned out Schumacher bought the "dummy"

Looks like Shoemaker misjudged the situation to me and why try to go around the outside of Senna who was initially positioned in the center of the track anyway? Let's face it, Shoe is past it.

Yeh Schuey had a "I am confused moment" and ran into the back of Senna...easy to see how it happened with Senna moving around like he was...racing incident to me and doesn't deserve a penalty

Re the pay driver tag that Pastor has had to wear...as a rookied he did a knock up job alongside Rubens, he was impressive in Australia despite dropping it on the last lap...and he drove a damn solid race, strategy was good, out lap pace was waaaay better then Alonso and was still able to get the required life out of his tyres. So stoked that he got the job done....hopefully the tag of pay driver will be forgotten as he obviously has the ability....$10 the likes of Fisi and many others would have made mistakes .... seems like 2011's pay drivers Perez and Pastor actually have the goods

wonder what maldonado was paying to win the spanish GP this time last week? or even after practice and quali. anyone who put a decent sized bet on would be rolling in it right now.

So stoked that he got the job done....hopefully the tag of pay driver will be forgotten as he obviously has the ability....

well that all depends on whether he can finish on the podium again this season...

Weber ploughed right up Kovalainen's arse in Valencia 2010 under similar circumstances with DRS open and a high closing speed, and a car in front braking early due to worn tyres. But no dummy jinks from the car in front, and Weber didn't even pull out to try and pass one way or the other. Just ran clean up his arse without even braking. Did he get a 5 grid spot penalty??? no... nothing at all...