SAU Community

Rb25 Turbo Kit Help Making A Decsision.

Irwin123

11 years, dedication :)

I am leaning towards the ATR43 ss-2,

good price for bolt on,

with great results. Found this just before

"Ok. I made 315rwkws at 18psi with SS-2 using FNT turbine setup internally gated, with exact response as a 3071 that maxed out at 280rwkws. on 98 fuel, standard engine, stock manifold, same exhaust setup, exact same dyno, same tuner with same ramp timing.

Also managed 265rwkws on SS-1 that had the identical response as a 2530."

Fnt? is that just with the normal ss-2?

also the customer service is great! he seems to do anything he can to help, not just sell the turbo and end of story... and its aus made guys, gotta support the little fellas

My only question is now, will a decent boost controller help? or will the 18psi actuator hold the same without an ebc, just i thought they tended to go from 18-20-18psi a bit.

And, say if i had 280rwkw, and was in 2nd gear 2500 ish revs (with the ss-2 or something of this power vs response) and put the foot down, would it break traction? i would like it too :thumbsup: i know it probably wouldnt in 3rd would it?

Sorry if these questions sound silly, just pretty keen to have an idea of what it would be like so i know what to expect.

Much thanks guys! great thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh btw the how's your diff and clutch?? lol

cause get ready to kill them both, that being said I still havnt changed my clutch from when I bought the car... I dont even know what it has in it, I assumed it was stock, but its still going strong 6 sets of rear tyres later 2 sets at 290rwkw...

yeah i know not at 2500, i just meant would it break traction without full throttle at like 4500 or something (if you get me haha)

was told its a 2way kaaz, and os giken twin plate,

however it doesn't rattle, and my old mechanic had a look through the clutch fork rubber and he thought it was a extreme of some sort. its pretty on/off

oh really? well i have a fair bit of neg camber on the rear too, so it probably would in 3rd haha :P

this looks like a good alternative too:

This is a slight twiked version of ATR43G3 .82 rear that is commercially available. It made 290rwkws@17psi with actual 200rwkws @ 4000RPMs. Turbo's capable of pushing over 300rwkws. Customer's concert about his engine. Fully stock R33 RB25det engine with stock cams and cam gears 98 fuel.

So for 200rwkws by 4000RPMS in .82 rear is possbile, and we've done it on a fully standard setup, 98 fuel with our turbocharger.

post-74083-0-27214700-1323350768_thumb.jpg

"How was it slightly modified? Looks like a very good result for 17psi

Got a boost graph?"

Its the difference in comp wheel engineering, and with a .70 comp housing. It was fairly responsive, had full boost by 3800rpms. I didn't get a boost curve, I will see trent again soon and grab a copy.

traction on the ss1pu is a problem. like what you are seeing on the dyno, the power and torque ramped up so quickly the car just skits WOT 1st and 2nd. Goes like 1st Waaaaaaaaaaa 2nd Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and my car's moved like 2 meters. 3rd gear seems to be ok. need to control acceleration paddle on my toes when having a go at some random V8s. But fun to drive.

There is an ss1pu prototype stao recently built with 11 blades GTX style wheel appears not as aggressive, I can imagine that would pick up better traction WOT.

The other turbo I originally wanted to get was the G3 fnt, the torque on that held very wide and spread after 4200RPMs all the way to 7300. That would be very fast on tracks. How ever my car's a daily, so more response the better.

I really think a lot of people on here need better tyres... I'm making 390rwhp and I don't spin at all unless I stab the clutch. Otherwise it's all grip. Even with 350rwhp, I was gripping while punching it hard through corners.

here i am worrying about depreciation over the last few years, ouch.

you've had the same car for 11 yrs?

Yeah man, picked it up august 2000 with a log booked 28,000 k's on it. Bone stock.

I have considered upgrading to a gtr many times but I have never reall found one that will be a good base. Plus I dunno wether I want to go down the full modding path again with with a 26. Twice as much coin to do apparently.

I've got a family now so if I here do get rid of the 33 it will be a 4 door next I spose. Evo 10 maybe????

It's been a fun ride though and I have enjoyed owning the car, plus I have learnt heaps by doing everything myself.

I've pretty much done all I can do ti it without cracking it open and going forgies etc.

True, but you can help it a bit with a good suspension setup and grippy tyres.

You will never completely get rid of it, just make it easier to control.

These 4wd boys don't realize how lucky they have it lol

controllable is what you want :)

lag would be fun for a bit, but i reckon i would get sick of it pretty quick

breaks in 2nd when you mash it with 255 semis on the rear? mine will in 3rd then easy haha

would the 2835 be a bit more punchier though? generally speaking

Ive got a kaaz 2 way in my car and god knows what suspension and my car doesnt really spin wheels at all in 2nd when tyres are cold they will scream their guts out and chirp into 3rd gear but ive got dodgey 255 nankangs which im surprised how well they hang on in the dry tbh but in the wet i can spin wheels every single gear lol

2835 is pretty much a constant smooth delivery of power, no neck snap or sudden loss of traction when it comes on boost...

thats why its a great turbo tbh

You write that like 'neck snap' is a bad thing?:D

I'm currently looking into upgrade options. I'll probably get a re-worked stock turbo, but maybe a 2835.