SAU Community

R32 Gtr Wheels Tyres

SS-

So I picked up a set of gtr wheels And wanting to put tyres on them iv seen 205 55 on them but every tyre shop I go to say its impossible to fit and it won't stay on :s So if anyone can confirm that 205 fit :) or recommend me to a tyre shop in Melbourne :)

Thanks

205/55 on an 8" rim will not be stretched, not in the slightest. At best it may sit flat. 225/50R16 is the size the GT-R's ran, so you can stick with that but 205/55 would be fine too. It would not fall off or something crazy.

205/55 on an 8" rim will not be stretched, not in the slightest. At best it may sit flat. 225/50R16 is the size the GT-R's ran, so you can stick with that but 205/55 would be fine too. It would not fall off or something crazy.

It won't be stretched like hellaflush... But its outside the legal width for 8" rims.

205/55R16

5.5-7.5

Source: http://customwheelsm...heelwidth1.html

Edited by 10 4

That's exactly what I wanted to do!! But since it's illegal :(

Pfft! What isn't technically illegal with modifying a car, too low, too loud, blah blah blah. You will be fine, they are 16's nobody will be checking out the tyre sizes to see if they are staggered.

Go for it mate.

Sell the tyres and buy some proper ones. 235 or 245 would be better.

You can't really buy a 235 or 245 wide tyre to fit an R32 GTR wheel / car. The closest you would find (even this would be difficult to find) is 245/35R16 which is way too thin.

That's a very tall tyre to run :huh:

Its the only aspect available in the 245 16" sizes available AFAIK. 16 " tyres have no love anymore, I was looking at getting some R32 GTR rims until I realised that you have a very limited amount of choice, still if you got a quality tyre the side walls should be stiff enough, not good for circuit work but good for a daily and good for drags.

Motorsport > http://www.tirerack....=45&diameter=16 The VictoRacer V700 are a nice tyre and a nice price for a sticky 16" semi.