SAU Community

Car Options... Help

Adz2332

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey all,

Been going over the finances and things are starting to ease financially for me, thank god.

Home loans under control, pay rise at work etc etc.

My question is, what would you do.

I currently own a stockish Evo 7. Had it around 18 months now. Good little car very fun...

But like a lot of you ive always had my eye on a 34GTR, especially since owning a 33 GTR prior to the Evo.

Plus ive noticed prices on the 34 GTRs coming right down, $40,000ish.

Id be looking at the GTR at the end of next year (yes its a while away).

My 3 real options are....

Keep the Evo and go alittle nuts on it. Spend some dollars and keep for ages.

Slighly mod the evo, make it a bit more fun. But in doing that hold off on the GTR for 6 months longer etc

Or keep it stock.. Put up with it the way it is and get the GTR as soon as i can late next year....?\

Help??

Oh no id have to keep the Evo as its my daily and im a around $5000 short of the GTR. End of next year id have that cash and then some saved up. sell the Evo buy a GTR with the saved cash. If that makes sense....

Dont get me wrong the Evo is a good car, But ive always regretted selling the GTR. I mean i had to as i was buying a house at the time.. but yer...

Oh no id have to keep the Evo as its my daily and im a around $5000 short of the GTR. End of next year id have that cash and then some saved up. sell the Evo buy a GTR with the saved cash. If that makes sense....

Dont get me wrong the Evo is a good car, But ive always regretted selling the GTR. I mean i had to as i was buying a house at the time.. but yer...

Ok, I see where you coming from now.

You should update what cars you have under your avatar :laugh: But yeah, I see it in your signature.

So really, all you have is an EVO to get around in.

If so then I would leave it stock, cruise around with it until you are ready for the R34 GTR, in which you said late next year.

If you feel the need for a bit more power / more exciting daily: Just upgrade the basics.

Change the panel filter to a high flow one and find a decent aftermarket exhaust.

If you want to roll around in style, get a set of coilovers and wheels.

Then just return it back to stock when selling it.

Yer should update that!!!

The Evo at the mo has a titanuim cat back, Pod, lowered tein s springs and 18x9.5 XT7s.

Im leaning towrads just rolling around in it, not tounching it for 12months and by the GTR....

PS someone that owns a 34GTR may be able to help.. what are they like as a daily? i drove around the 33GTR for years and never thought it was a pain as a daily etc

post-33454-0-33480700-1323404136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adz2332

Yer should update that!!!

The Evo at the mo has a titanuim cat back, Pod, lowered tein s springs and 18x9.5 XT7s.

Im leaning towrads just rolling around in it, not tounching it for 12months and by the GTR....

PS someone that owns a 34GTR may be able to help.. what are they like as a daily? i drove around the 33GTR for years and never thought it was a pain as a daily etc

Ok now I get yeah.

In that case, just leave it as it is.

Save up the cash, sell EVO, buy R34 GTR when the time comes.

Have had 34 gtrs as dailys since march '08. They are comfortable enough for a daily, just set your coil overs to soft and keep a single plate clutch. You can get about 300hp at all 4 with just boost and exhaust, which leaves you with decent power and fuel economy. Once you upgrade turbos, injectors, computer, it starts costing more to run. I have a triple plate clutch which become a pain in the arse in traffic and have heard a twin can be a bit much too in a daily. When buying a 34 gtr, look for one that has the dear stuff allready on it, like volk rays, coil overs , turbos and computer already upgraded. Maybe import your own and save some cash.

As already stated, no point wasting money for mods that you won't see a return on at sale time.

Save for the gtr.

And to the above, I have a twin plate in my 32, feels lighter than an exedy heavy duty....

A bit grabby if you're not used to it, but great when you are.