SAU Community

Bc Br Coilovers

wi1l2k

Hey guys, getting ma new BC BR series coilovers installed in 2 days. Just wondering what damper setting are you guys on with these set of coilovers (heard good stuff about them) =)

Edit: having them on ma R34 GTT

Edited by wi1l2k

What sort of spring rates are you running?8kg front 6kg rear?

Yea bud the standard factory 8/6 combo. Anyone gone higher than mid range (16 clicks)? Do you guys just drive it for daily any mountain/track experience with these?

Just to add i'm having Ohlins coilovers on mine at the moment and its just spine breaking, don't know if its supposed to be that stiff already on the softest both front/rear. Very poor rear traction as a result.

factory 8/6 setup on lowest damper setting is almost as good as stock!!

I use it as a daily, but was great for a run in the hills today!! handled so much better than stock, even on softest damper setting

Thanks for the input guys good to know they're decent. Just to confirm are these BC BR coilovers not camber adjustable on skylines (that's what i was told by the option1garage guy who's setting it up)???

Well camber is controlled by the camber arms not the coilovers, so correct they are not camber adjustable confused.gif

I have mine set on 25-front 20-rear for daily driving. I like the spine-jattering :D For the track I usually soften it up a bit.

Edited by Hanaldo

correct me if im wrong but Im pretty sure you get camber adjustment on the pillow mounts up top (front only) to some degree.

I had BC golds in my evo a couple years ago and they handled like a dream. probably better than the Teins i had in the previous car.

Do you need to get a cert plate or something for after market suspension in Victoria to make them legal?

correct me if im wrong but Im pretty sure you get camber adjustment on the pillow mounts up top (front only) to some degree.

I had BC golds in my evo a couple years ago and they handled like a dream. probably better than the Teins i had in the previous car.

Do you need to get a cert plate or something for after market suspension in Victoria to make them legal?

R32-R34 skyline's don't use camber tops (Like the S chassis does) they have camber arms.

Got them installed today and totally loving it. currently set to 15 clicks from soft both front and rear and they ride so much better than ma previous Ohlins Impul (prolly just not a fan of spine breaking rides lol). Turns so much better at both low/high speed cornerings and gets a better control of the car and improved traction as well. Will do a more thorough review with pictures soon

Oh true there ya go then. I'm running big camber in the rear to allow my wheels to tuck when going over bumps. They not going to last long at all wish I had justies so could push em back out a bit. Standard shocks just don't cut the mustard

Got them installed today and totally loving it. currently set to 15 clicks from soft both front and rear and they ride so much better than ma previous Ohlins Impul (prolly just not a fan of spine breaking rides lol). Turns so much better at both low/high speed cornerings and gets a better control of the car and improved traction as well. Will do a more thorough review with pictures soon

You should set the front harder than the back to compensate for the weight spread. Will handle a bit better :thumbsup:

pitty those shocks are not really a "racing" style. i find the valving is nowhere. we had a customer with them in his r32. pulled them out and put in his old tien superstreets and was 4 sec quicker at eastern creek... dont need the rain on your parade, but if you have the oportunity to swap them for the normal bc's id advise it.

pitty those shocks are not really a "racing" style. i find the valving is nowhere. we had a customer with them in his r32. pulled them out and put in his old tien superstreets and was 4 sec quicker at eastern creek... dont need the rain on your parade, but if you have the oportunity to swap them for the normal bc's id advise it.

pitty those shocks are not really a "racing" style. i find the valving is nowhere. we had a customer with them in his r32.

pulled them out and put in his old tien superstreets and was 4 sec quicker at eastern creek... dont need the rain on your parade, but if you have the oportunity to swap them for the normal bc's id advise it.