SAU Community

Summernats, Not Just Cops.

People always whinge about the extra cops on the road during the nats; however you should be more worried about the professional car thieves that this event attracts.

I always drive my s-box ute to the nats. Ive seen all kinds of wierd stuff stolen from cars, like bodykits and seats. One of my mates had half an exhaust ripped off.

The pros will have an ecu and or harness to bypass your immobiliser and alarm, and they will break any steering lock.

Look after your baby. Nice sports cars should live in garages.(mines not but i don t have a GTR)

I may drive my GTR out and about during summernats but my ass will always be in the drivers seat.

If by chance I actually want to go and check the events out I'll also be in a daily shitter.

Must admit that after about an hour I'm bored

Good tip mate, I read of a few WRX's being knocked off last year. I won't be going this year, same cars, and every second car is a VL. Instead, I'm going to watch the drifting at Wakefield on Sunday.

While I do enjoy seeing the different cars arriving in town and will be out and about to spectate, I do agree there are a lot of extra annoyances rolling into town with the Nats!

My beast will be staying safe in the garage until it's all over like most years :)

WRX's are owned by Wogs and Wogs scare me..

a) has NOTHING to do with stealing a car so an inconsiderate irrelevant thing to say

b) My best friend of 22 years is Italian so not a fan of that comment, so is one of the other people who I know will always do anything for me because they are that type of person and they would both be EXTREMEMLY offended by that

c) I grew up in GRIFFITH NSW so I know a lot of "wogs" and I don't have a problem with any of them in fact like I said, some of the best people I know

If you are going to make comments like that be careful who you make them around so you don't offend anyone.

LOL I get the feeling it may have been a JOKE, guys. Before anyone says they don't care if it's a joke or not, perhaps it's time to lock yourself in your room and never come out, else you'll need to go everywhere with an unlimited supply of tissues.

ON TOPIC - unless you have an immobiliser/alarm, skylines are unbelievably easy to break into. So easy, that even I could get into one with nothing more than a stick/coat hanger in 2 minutes. Get an alarm, get an immobiliser. Get a club lock or quick release steering wheel too lol

LOL I get the feeling it may have been a JOKE, guys. Before anyone says they don't care if it's a joke or not, perhaps it's time to lock yourself in your room and never come out, else you'll need to go everywhere with an unlimited supply of tissues.

Werd! Lighten up people!

And on that note I'm off to the Nats (after I do the wog crawl over the speed hump outside my house)...

My 32 got stolen a few months back and it had an immobilizer and an alarm. Was right out the front of my house. They managed to get into it without destroying any locks and then also managed to saw off most of the ignition barrel. Luckily they couldn't actually get it started and it was found by the cops just down the road. I only lost a couple of things and only had to replace the ignition barrel (not a fun job lol)

I'm the reason there was a group buy for steering locks a while back haha

Went for a bit of drive into the city, passed the showgrounds, back through Braddon and back via Woden. All quiet out there on the streets.

If there's any Nats cars in the ACT then they're all in the show ground today. I saw one dumped pink lebo looking RX7, everything else on the road was plain old pedestrian.

If you go the Nats then take some pics please.

Mayhaps I shoulda gone into Braddon friday night.

I was a bit concerned they would shut down the streets and do the eXtreme defect dance like they did a few years in a row recently.

PS. I bought 3 of those club locks...lulz

" So easy, that even I could get into one with nothing more than a stick/coat hanger in 2 minutes".

But your so much like Macgiver Troy.

Remember that Nuclear submarine you made out of paddle pop stick, toilet roll and a rubber band ?

(jks)

Mel I'm wog myself it was a stereotyping joke just like Bogans surposably drive Holden's wearing Holden shirts. Didn't meant to offend anyone in any way

On another note I noticed a RBT or inspection station setup on northbourn just after Dickson.

Managed to make it into the middle lane so I didn't get pulled in