SAU Community

Thinking Of Doing A Runner From A Booze Bus?

W0rp3D

The guy in the car was a friend of my boss and my boss is really shaken up by it. Apparently they had to cut him at the legs in the car to get him out of the car. That's pretty extreme and you can only imagine how bad the crash would have been for the ambos to go to that length.

the guy in the car, was he much of a crim (criminal records/warrants/warnings)? or was it just the bravery gravy that got to him..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the criminal was on an open country road without any approaching motorists or houses?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/two-drivers-killed-after-police-pursuit-20120121-1qays.html

If a hail of gunfire was opened upon the criminal above as soon as he fled, chances are we'd have another innocent human still alive with us and a strong message that fleeing police isn't the right thing to do.

I'm not suggesting to use it in the suburbs. It wouldn't have been appropriate for the pursuit in the original post. Who cares about the tyre, shoot and shoot to kill, after all, these criminals are running around with what is practically a loaded weapon ready to kill a carload of innocent people.

edit - If shooting isn't appropriate, run the criminal off the road into a tree/power pole/anything as we've seen the American police do. I have no sympathy for anyone trying to run from police because it seriously endangers the public.

This certainly isn't something to do if you've been busted doing a crazy speed, however if you refuse to stop after the bluey's start chasing, it's fair game.

And what of an innocent person on board?

Think you've been watching to many Dirty Harry films pal!

I wouldn't trust the Vic Pol's 'reported' figures. They ain't worth the paper they are printed on.

Feel free to quote an accurate source, as i can find no other then thats all the figures we have to go off.

I have a different view.

I believe any motorist trying to flee police in a motor vehicle, when safe for the rest of the public, should be stopped immediately by gunfire. Initially at the tyres, if they don't get the message, at the driver. If the driver has passengers, the cops should get closer before opening fire.

Within weeks, police chases would become a thing of the past.

What if the criminal was on an open country road without any approaching motorists or houses?

http://www.theage.co...0121-1qays.html

If a hail of gunfire was opened upon the criminal above as soon as he fled, chances are we'd have another innocent human still alive with us and a strong message that fleeing police isn't the right thing to do.

I'm not suggesting to use it in the suburbs. It wouldn't have been appropriate for the pursuit in the original post. Who cares about the tyre, shoot and shoot to kill, after all, these criminals are running around with what is practically a loaded weapon ready to kill a carload of innocent people.

edit - If shooting isn't appropriate, run the criminal off the road into a tree/power pole/anything as we've seen the American police do. I have no sympathy for anyone trying to run from police because it seriously endangers the public.

This certainly isn't something to do if you've been busted doing a crazy speed, however if you refuse to stop after the bluey's start chasing, it's fair game.

Here is another idea, how about we put trolls on every street corner that fire smurfs with spikes on there heads out of there arse to blow out every ones tyres and then we shall never have a car chase again!

TROLL!

Edited by W0rp3D

Not sure about whether he had any criminal record to be honest. From what I heard he was just a average guy working at a restaurant. He was from overseas with no direct family here. His family back home has been notified.

http://www.theage.co...0121-1qays.html

You're a dickhead.

Opening fire on a car for not stopping, fantastic idea! How about radioing through to units up ahead and allowing them to intercept the car, like usual? How many car chases go bad in Australia? A few. How many in the USA? Many. There's a reason, we use common sense and don't think "a bit of collateral is fair game if it comes down to stopping a criminal".

Police should have UAVs with LGMs, that would be sweet, they could follow it til it was in the clear then , BAM the dirt is gone, I would swap jobs for sure.

That would be cool ;)

Police should have UAVs with LGMs, that would be sweet, they could follow it til it was in the clear then , BAM the dirt is gone, I would swap jobs for sure.

That would be cool ;)

I would call in an AC130...

/cod

surely they could of seen the number plate and sent another police unit round to the registered addressof the vehicle. he may of made it home safe and the coppers would of got the blood alcohol result within 24hrs anyways.

surely they could of seen the number plate and sent another police unit round to the registered address of the vehicle. he may of made it home safe and the coppers would of got the blood alcohol result within 24hrs anyways.

OMFG are you guys really that f**king naive, you think that the only reason ppl do a runner is because they have been drinking, think of all the other things they could have done, and then consider who would use a legitimate car to do it, good luck finding the person who has just killed/kidnapped/raped/robbed and any number of other things with stolen plates/car.

Whether or not to pursue is a bigger issue than just assuming they are drunk and we can get them when they get home, and if they dont pursue and the drunk driver kills some one on the way home you guys would be asking why the cops didnt stop them.

Ameican cops don't deliberately run people off the road lol

Sure they have the 'pit' maneuver but they do it when safe or as safe as possible

Serious question what ever happened to spike strips?

Serious question what ever happened to spike strips?

I have never heard of them being used in aus, we are so far behind, in this case i dont think it would have mattered, from what i have read they never had time to catch up to him let alone organize some one else to get in front, and if the vicpol figures are accurate and most chases are over within 37 seconds then there isnt much of a chance to use them.

We do have spike strips, I did the training years ago to deploy them. They can only be set up on designated roads where it's deemed safe to use them. Also you would probably need pursuit to last in excess of 15 minutes to get back up, approval etc to set them up.

I would say that 95% of pursuits over in first 10 seconds.

Ah I see was just curious

If I'm not mistaken your a police officer are you able to confirm if legally I have to follow a police officer who tells me to do so to an EPA test station? Or can I refuse and go on my way?

what about them guns in 2 fast 2 furious when they shoot the 34 with that electric shit i recon if they can learn that shit, that would be good :) disable ignition systems FTW

THAT WAS QUITE .......................

SHOCKING..........

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ah I see was just curious

If I'm not mistaken your a police officer are you able to confirm if legally I have to follow a police officer who tells me to do so to an EPA test station? Or can I refuse and go on my way?

LOL

what about them guns in 2 fast 2 furious when they shoot the 34 with that electric shit i recon if they can learn that shit, that would be good :) disable ignition systems FTW

THAT WAS QUITE .......................

SHOCKING..........

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*hi five*

For the record im of the opinion its a legal instruction one must follow few members around here seem to think otherwise..

I believe that is from a case where a guy got "evading" or a charge like that dropped because he was not under arrest, the problem is that the guy did the bolt before cops had a chance to say any thing to him so they didn't have a chance to question him or ask him any thing

It is a lawfull order, pity that alot of fully hecktic people think they are super awsome and the laws that everyone else have to follow doesnt include them.

In the end it will be fine because hopefully they will never breed and their genes of stupidity and heckticness will die with them.