SAU Community

Plazmaman Plenum On Rb25Det Neo

Hanaldo

Hey all,

Have spent the best part of 6 hours scouring not just this forum but the whole interwebz for information but just can't find any concrete answers. If there is a thread containing this information already, please abuse me and send me on my way action-smiley-069.gif

So basically I am interested in getting a Plazmaman plenum for my 34, but would like to have a few questions answered first. Preferably with first hand experience, as I've found plenty of people who's brothers mates cousin has a friend yada yada... The biggest issue for me is the fuel system. Will this plenum fit onto my car with the standard top feed fuel rail? I'm using Power Enterprise 660cc injectors at the moment, which are a fair bit bigger than the factory items as well... If it will NOT fit, what are my options? Is it simply because of the rail, is it the injectors, do I need to switch completely and get side feed injectors on an aftermarket rail, etc??

What else needs to be done to fit this? From what I can see, the washer bottle is gonna have to be relocated so that the fuse box can move over to make way for the throttle body.

Any help will be VERY much appreciated, as pretty as the Plazmaman plenum is, I'm getting rather sick of looking at them in R33's... :P

Thanks a lot,

Martin.

Dahtone you're a life saver! Thanks mate.

Washer bottle relocation should be easy enough, but where do most people put theirs? I'll probably just get a smaller universal washer bottle and see where it can go. I've got no problem with ditching the traction control as I've done that already :P I will just spend the few hundred extra on the Plazmaman throttle body as well, might as well go all out if I'm spending this much money cleaning up the engine bay.

What about the fuel pressure reg, I notice in your above picture that the car has an aftermarket fuel pressure reg fitted. Will stock get in the way at all? In this picture (stolen from 34GeeTeeTee's build thread thumbsup.gif ) it looks like it is going to be in the way:

IMG_0420.jpg?1328406778546

As well as this build thread I found on Skylineowners.com:

P10006681.jpg?1328406969

P10006621.jpg?1328407040274

Both these guys solved it by changing their fuel system completely, but am I safe to assume that these things can simply be moved out of the way or?

Ah ok that's easy then. So you just swapped them around as simple as that, or you ditched the dampener? Thanks again mate, have made this a whole lot easier for me haha.

Another question, has anyone used the Plazmaman piping to the IC? Where is it routed, through the top of the battery tray requiring a new hole or can it go back through the side and underneath like my current FMIC piping goes?

*EDIT* Oh yeh, what about the throttle cable Dahtone? Did the stock on fit as Plazmaman claim or did you need to make one up? I'm also assuming the TPS wiring will need to be extended which shouldn't be a big deal?

Edited by Hanaldo

Does removing the dampener not cause problems? Am I best to get an aftermarket FPR with a built in dampener if I am ditching the stock one or will it not make a difference without it?

Keen to see how you with this. Im going to put one of these on my Neo one day, or better yet if a good adapter is ever available I will try an RB26 plenum with the ITB's.

There's 12 posts in this thread, half of them talking about whether the stock fuel system will work. If you're not gonna read those 12 posts, can you at least wait until I post the how-to thread so you can just look at the pretty pictures to see how it works out?

• Like 1

Right, so after a few back and forth emails with the Plazmaman sales team, I'm highly doubting they are going to be any help to me. I asked (before Dahtone replied here) whether the stock top feed fuel rail is going to be a problem, they said no not at all. So I said I've got Power Enterprise 660cc injectors which are about 70mm compared to the stock GTT's 60(ish)mm, so the fuel rail has been spaced about that much, will that be a problem. They responded by asking what brand injectors I am using blink.gif They also said they have attached an image of an R34 using the stock fuel rail, but the attached image was clearly an R33 using an aftermarket fuel rail glare.gif They now want to sell me a fuel rail they are making for the Neo. Of course.

So I think I'm just going to go ahead and purchase the plenum and throttle body, and see how far I can get with what I've got. If it turns out things need to be changed then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I can see this plenum install having my car sitting in the shed for weeks, so it's going to have to wait 2 weeks or so until I get my daily back. I'll try my best to document the whole process for anyone else here wanting the same answers as me.

• Like 1