SAU Community

Rb26/30 With Hks 2510

Guilt-Toy

I got a set of HKS 2510's for my RB30DETT, only thing is that with the stock turbo's its making 280+ rwkw, and from what i can see these turbo's wont make anymore power then this...

anyone used them before? is it worth installing them? I don't get why HKS would make a set of turbo's that are not any better then the stock r32 twins?

anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

how much power should these 2510's make ?

Given 2530s are bigger than -5s (400rwkw+)

And 2510s we the baby/response upgrade, probably similar to either -7 or -9 - so 300-330rwkw perhaps?

Perhaps look @ the Cartride tag, might tell you more of the story.

Or work it out from the comp wheel and compare to a -7/-9

seeing that it has the steel rear wheels, and a extra 50kw at the top end... should not be soo bad of an upgrade...

i really do enjoy the stock r32 turbo's to be honest but i do not know how long they will last on 14psi with a rb30 spinning them up

2510's should flow similar/maybe slightly more than the 34 N1's.

I had a set on my old GTR and they were just as responsive(From my point of view) as the few stock turbo'd GTR's i had been in.

No Idea on power. I bought the turbos with the engine but did some research before handing the cash over. A few UK GTR owners were getting 400 - 420rwhp on them.

Not a very widely used turbo from what i can see

A close friend has a 2510 equipped GTR, I consider his car to be fairly well optimized in terms of supporting mods.

The 2510s feel to have an excellent top end and are fairly linear down low but have a fairly sharp shift onto power. Sort of like a big single.. they have the low end pull of a 300kw turbo, and they make just over 300kw.. but they have the lag of a 350-400kw turbo lol

This is just my feeling, and I flat out keep telling the guy to swap for a single but yeah... Hes spent enough money. If I was you I would sell them and buy a good quality singe manifold :) then bang on a 300kw capable single and reap.

Guilt & I were looking @ specs quickly earlier and they are sorta in the middle of a -7 and -9

Bigger comp, but a tighter trim so they *should* be somewhere between a -7 and -9 so 320-330rwkw and about as responsive as it gets. Shouldn't feel "laggy" like a -5 set would.

looking in the engine bay today... looks like it will be quite a mission to put a big single in the Z engine bay, the twins are just about touching atm.

might have to stick with twins on this car... besides 330kw at the wheels is good for a daily streeter with a stock rb30e bottom end.

Check out the specs of the exhaust wheel and consider that too much flow from the front side for the rear more or less would stall them. I think thats their problem, they choke on spool and take a little longer than expected to wind up.

Probably worse on a 3L too