SAU Community

Quiet Exhaust For R33 Gts-T

Hi guys, currently I have an exhaust on my r33 gts-t that came from japan and it's really loud (102db).

I was looking at getting a quieter exhaust put on to reduce drone on highways and such because I use this car as my daily.

I heard the trust pe2 system was good but apparently it has been superseded by a later model.

Some info on this new model that replaced the trust pe2 or any info on other good quiet exhausts would be appreciated.

I Heard hks silent hi power is good too but I don't know if it is as quiet as the trust pe2 or the model that replaced it.

Thanks for the help.

My exhaust is legal Db and next to some cars its hard to hear it idling... Its an Apexi with ironically "Super Megaphone" on the tip...

Any exhaust place should be able to quieten it down for you by adding a decent muffler?

You could get the Nismo exhaust for the R33. 3", two mufflers, quiet as f**k, no idea how it flows though.

Ive got a HKS Hi Power Silent exhaust. Its pretty good when driving on light load, comes up nicely on boost and high up in the revs. Cost a fair penny to buy brand new though.

Pretty sure you can get 3.5" or 3" mufflers from anywhere and get any exhaust to chop up your current exhaust and weld in the muffler. You could then get a resonator or hot dog to lower the drone of your exhaust.

What exhaust exactly do you have? Is it stainless or mild steel? There really is no reason why it can't be shut up a little.

Edited by SargeRX8

I have a 3" nismo system i'll be selling soon to make way for a 3.5" system.

As sarge said nismo system is great, flows pretty well and is reasonable on the ears. Great tone without much of a drone.

I have straight pipe 3 inch with a hotdog in the middle and a varex. 99db open 77 shut... and my engineer signed off on it. Just dont hit any boost when shut or bye bye to every seal in the turbo and probably engine!

Im really happy with it, not drony at all and so quiet when shut on road all i can hear is my injectors clapping away..

and open for full noise applications :-)

kakimoto r is probably one of the best high flowing quiet after market exhausts you can get for a r33.

every japanese after market exhaust will most likely be over the legal limit but getting close to it is what the kakimoto r does. i've had 2 series 2 r33's and i had these on both and on idle they almost sound stock and on boost there is more of a deep growl but its just right.

this is on a hcr32

Edited by jakez88

Thanks for the advice guys. The guy said that because of the way my exhaust has been made, they can't just put in a muffler. So I actually have to go for one of the exhausts mentioned in this topic. Has anyone used the trust power extreme GS? Its supposed to be the one that superseded the trust power extreme 2 and I heard the power extreme 2 was fairly quiet. The hks silent seems to be mixed with some people saying its quiet and some saying they get high dB readings. I'll have a look at some of the exhausts mentioned in this topic.

I have an HKS Hi Power Silent too.

Instead of chopping it up i just made a replaceable center section with a muffler. Goes between the decat and the tailpipe section.

So when im on the street i use the quiet section, and when i want some roar i change it out for the HKS piece.

IMG00653-20110820-1502.jpg