SAU Community

Your Bottom 5: Movies

JMP 82

Oh - boo to you Rosco. Death Race and AOD?

Did you see we had DR on the TV at AutoSalon :(

David Carradine is the B-grade of D-grade. Stalone's best work in my book.

But not Army of Darkness - say it ain't so :)

So much quality, so many notable quotes - where would a generation of Duke Nukem players be without that movie? I even have the rare director's cut on VHS somewhere with the crappy 'I slept too long' ending rather than the 'yo she-bitch... let's go' bit :(

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

boomstick.jpg

any reason bro ? thats in my TOP 5 movies :(

the first 45minutes of it was good then when it goes into the bats and zombies and whatever else they kill and slay it got really shit. just not my type of movie. very shiten-housen

What did everyone expect from that movie? I don't understand why so many people say it was a bad movie?

It was visually stunning, acting was on par - hell, even as a stand-alone movie it was OK, but...

I felt they spoilt the whole story with this film.

The overiding premise of the Matrix is that we are humans in stasis - being stimulated by machines to believe we live in the world we do - whilst serving as a renewable power source. Some of us humans become 'aware' of this existance, and fight against the controlling machines in the 'real' world - and become 1337 in teh computer h4X0r world - as it is just a simulation, physical rules do not apply.

What a cool idea. Trinity is hot, but Lawrence sure does crap on a bit.

The second film began to stretch this a bit - and made it seem that the 'real' world was also a simulation and that Colonel Sanders was simply an overworked IT guy running a debugging loop - that no matter if the real world was another facet of the Matrix, what was real is our ability to choose a direction and course of action whether indide the Matrix or no. Kinda mushy and Scarecrow, I'm going to miss you most of all type crap, but there was a cool car chase. I like hot chicks in patent-leather catsuits, I want a Ducatti, but geeze, Lawrence - OK, we get it, now shut the hell up.

The third film - well perhaps I, personnaly, wanted closure to the story. A mass realisation by the trapped human hordes, a dawning of the Zion citizens that they too were 'simulated' - or even a human vs machines battle that left a small number of people alive to start a brave new world and tell stories of the warrior of the wasteland.. oops, wrong film.

Instead... we got Lawrence 'I simply wont shut my preachin' mouth' Fishburne prattling on the entire movie, a facelifted oracle, a rip off of the General Zod vs Superman fight, a rip off of Tron in the MCCR neon city, Neo crying - with no f*cking eyes - and then the whole Jesus matyr thing with Keanu being taken away by a giant tentacle raping robot in the end.

No closure. No cool car chase. I was disappointed.

What the hell was all that train station crap?

Ruined the original premise of the first film - by trying to be too epic and mindf*cky.

Just my 5c (is longer than a 2c post)

Oh - boo to you Rosco. Death Race and AOD?  

Did you see we had DR on the TV at AutoSalon :)  

David Carradine is the B-grade of D-grade. Stalone's best work in my book.

But not Army of Darkness - say it ain't so :(

So much quality, so many notable quotes - where would a generation of Duke Nukem players be without that movie? I even have the rare director's cut on VHS somewhere with the crappy 'I slept too long' ending rather than the 'yo she-bitch... let's go' bit :)

James the question was worst movies of all time. Not best quotes of all time, or cornest movie of all time. DR2k and AOD are absolute classic's, but it does not deter from the fact they are the worst movies of all time.

i admit they really shouldnt be in the same category as titanic, but i stand by my decision :)

the same cruel twist of fate that had my ass sit through 3 hours of one fkn ship sinking (titanic)

I took my then girlfriend (now ex....gee i wonder why ;)) to go and see Starship Troopers. Upon the end of the film she said it was the worst movie she had ever seen, and i now owed her TWO movies of her choice :D

the bitch just had to go, she didnt even like my 32.

Instead... we got Lawrence 'I simply wont shut my preachin' mouth' Fishburne prattling on the entire movie, a facelifted oracle, a rip off of the General Zod vs Superman fight, a rip off of Tron in the MCCR neon city, Neo crying - with no f*cking eyes - and then the whole Jesus matyr thing with Keanu being taken away by a giant tentacle raping robot in the end

You know the woman who played the original oracle was dead right?, what else could they do. Make her cg? As a stright up action movie it thought it was ok. There are soooo many movies that are much worse. Go rent mimic 2.

Whoever put army of darkness in their list need a slap upside the head! Ash ownz u!

As a stright up action movie it thought it was ok. There are soooo many movies that are much worse. Go rent mimic 2.

I agree - and even stated that in my post - I just felt it to be a disappointing and unessecary sequel to what was a fantastic original film.

Oh - and I saw Mimic 2 :D

So. Very. Bad.