SAU Community

What Does One Do When You Get To The Cross Roads?

SkyHi_33

So, Ive had my r33 gtst for a long time now, almost 4 years, and in that time its gone from a dead standard s1 automatic in to a personal project of blood sweat and tears. There have been many memmories, many ideas, many experiences and much love gone in to it. Majority of the work was done by myself and a few close mates from time to time. Its now gotten to a point where I just dont have the time to finish it anymore, its sat in the garage for the last year and a half neglected while ive been trying to move myself up and get a career going.

I have always said unless I or someone else was to write it off that it would never leave my sight, but its just getting to a point where I dont know what to do with it :(. I have lost motivation to keep going and finish it off but its been a long and interesting journey from the day I got it till now, its almost like a silent immobile member of the family. The amount of memories I have of everything happening in my life in that time around that car is just too much to let go!!

I have two options,

Keep doing what im doing and one day get around to finishing it off when time and money permits.

Strip it, turn it in to a house deposit and move on.

I need some guidance, SAU help a brother out?? ;)

bait car :P

nah JK since you have had it that long you would be in the same boat as me that resale value isn't really that much maybe plod along and finish it and track it and enjoy it for a very cheap track car with 101 aftermarket bits available

I have had thoughts about selling my car as well Marko, the resale value is just not there + think about all the time, effort, blood and sweat poured into that thing. You will never get it back. I have decided to keep mine and just make it a little bit better.

In that 4 years I'm up to my 5-6th Skyline :laugh:

It was a bit of a downer selling the GTR, like you I've had alot of great memories with that car and spent so much on it - but hey, life goes on... can concentrate my efforts on other things instead of constantly fixing/pouring money on that car.

part it out.

i ended up getting 19k for mine in bits...

was advertised for 16k whole :)

Thats what I've been leaning towards doing, but i dont know if i can bring myself to tearing it all apart :(. Theres no point advertising it as a whole for me, its not running or painted... would get bugger all.

Finish it, enjoy it. That is if money isn't an issue.

If it is, piss it off

Well its more to do with the fact that its taking up space and that the money spent on it could be better used as an investment making me money instead of an idle asset costing me money hahaha.

Either way, I just bought more parts for it =/ as if the stock pile of stuff to go on next to it isnt enough. I cant help myself haha.

Im almost tempted to drop it in to a workshop and get them to assemble the rest.. hmmmm

Keep it you dick.

Lol well, i guess youre in no better situation then I am hahaha

Purely my opinion Marko but since you're asking I'm sure you'd want honest responses.

If it was a GTR....keep it!

The fact that it's a r33 gts (not even a 32 or 34), it is unfortunately the least sought after car of all the Skyline family.

Unfortunately it's worth very little now and unless it's going to finish up like Matty's (whatshisname) ride, it probably won't be worth much more with the extra mods.

IMHO, flog it and invest bud.

think of the most important thing at the moment man!

my car got defected

im over all this police bullshit and downright lunacy

i got a new owner lined up already after i get the defect off

im always out of money and kinda sick of paying 1700 a year for insurance -_-

where my civic will cost 213!!

also im studying atm so i will not drive it much

imho

sell it and move on :/

think of the most important thing at the moment man!

my car got defected

im over all this police bullshit and downright lunacy

i got a new owner lined up already after i get the defect off

im always out of money and kinda sick of paying 1700 a year for insurance -_-

where my civic will cost 213!!

also im studying atm so i will not drive it much

imho

sell it and move on :/

Yeah ummm about that buyer finder fee. We'll discuss it later. :thumbsup:

I don't know how you could sell it Marko knowing you have the social responsibility that comes with owning a GTS-t that doesn't look like ass

what needs to be done to make it run