SAU Community

"donate" points?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prank - how about (if it's possible) changing the system so instead of being awarded points for posting (which has resulted in half the board becoming post whores overnight :D) to one that awards points based on length of time as a member - say 1 point per day? Obviously reducing the costs of the various shop items to a suitable level.

It might help to keep the amount of complete useless posts down, while rewarding those who've been a regular member for a long time...

just a thought. I'll shut up now and let everyone get back to whoring....:D

:D:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

haha i'd be rich regardless... lol

um nah I like dave's idea, but have a different twist.

If you aren't active for more than a week, it takes off 15 points for every day you aren't active. If you don't wanna lose your points you can always bank it.

Also instead of earning points thru whoring (which if you really think about it hasn't helped this forum AT ALL, other than to inspire more useless posts about nothing (I present my own posts as an example). I reckon points should be awarded by others. The only way you earn points is by earning it from others, who may wish to reward each post you make with anything from 0 to 10 points (in increments of 10). So useless posters arent rewarded, more importance is placed on good useful posts and a poster can earn a shitload of points if everyone gives him 10 points.

Obviously points awarded to a post from the same IP don't count to stop cheating.

Also have you noticed that this points thing hasn't increased the number of posts from new people or shy people, but just started a huge post whoring run from all the regular post whores?

Just my 2c.