SAU Community

733 R.w.h.p. Rb 28 With 93 Oct And 23.5 Psi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are people really trying to compare 550-580rwhp setups to a 730rwhp setup? That above plot looks damn encouraging with 300rwkws at 5,250rpm and hammer time all the way to 8,500rpm.

And mega fun....

Thanks guys.

Since I do have 5 gears it makes it around the road ok and fun to drive. I will make a few 110 oct pulls but I'm more about street power than were is the race fuel at. :no:

The race fuel result will be interesting.

No E85?

Would be interesting to see a dyno graph using 98 octaine, and E85 or C16 would be impressive.

Curious tho... I wonder how the the graph would compare using a more quality turbo like a HKS T51R SPL or Garrett GT42... Both 1000hp turbos

Tho the HKS T51r apparently spool faster than the Garrett equivalent range, HKS do use Garrett internals and have the most bad ass sounding noise but are a little out dated and cost mega $$$

Thats a twin scroll manifold, is this Precision turbo twin scroll? It doesn't say anywhere on the Precision site that it is...

So surely you would want a Twin scroll turbo for quicker spool time and to match your Full Race manifold, which looks like the Garrett GT45r would be a good match

Edited by HYBR3D

Would be interesting to see a dyno graph using 98 octaine, and E85 or C16 would be impressive.

Curious tho... I wonder how the the graph would compare using a more quality turbo like a HKS T51R SPL or Garrett GT42... Both 1000hp turbos

Tho the HKS T51r apparently spool faster than the Garrett equivalent range, HKS do use Garrett internals and have the most bad ass sounding noise but are a little out dated and cost mega $$$

Thats a twin scroll manifold, is this Precision turbo twin scroll? It doesn't say anywhere on the Precision site that it is...

So surely you would want a Twin scroll turbo for quicker spool time and to match your Full Race manifold, which looks like the Garrett GT45r would be a good match

Yes it's a twin scroll you can get both from Precision.

He's in canada, their 93 octane is our 98 octane.

I'm in the center of the USA.

guys its a Dynojet dyno, you can pretty much take 100hp off that figure comparing to the real dynos, think of it as a engine hp figure not whp.

Here in the states if you don't have a DynoJet you don't have a dyno. Not sure what you have.

Here in the states if you don't have a DynoJet you don't have a dyno. Not sure what you have.

dynojet dynos are junk, its well known the power figures are inflated. they read engine hp not whp.

"you don't have a dyno" lol we make some of the best dyno's in the world my friend. The best american dyno is a Mustang Dyno.

dynojet dynos are junk, its well known the power figures are inflated. they read engine hp not whp.

"you don't have a dyno" lol we make some of the best dyno's in the world my friend. The best american dyno is a Mustang Dyno.

What a ridiculous post, dude. For what its worth, from things I've observed so far in comparisons etc I find the Dynojets one of the most consistant and trust worthy dynos. Yes they read higher than DD (in saying that, there are heaps of people using DD dynos set up to read engine power - the results are coming out quite a bit higher than Dynojet read), but anyone with half a brain can take that into consideration - or just compare the results with other cars on the same kind of dyno,

What a ridiculous post, dude. For what its worth, from things I've observed so far in comparisons etc I find the Dynojets one of the most consistant and trust worthy dynos. Yes they read higher than DD (in saying that, there are heaps of people using DD dynos set up to read engine power - the results are coming out quite a bit higher than Dynojet read), but anyone with half a brain can take that into consideration - or just compare the results with other cars on the same kind of dyno,

thats his original point, the title is RWHP, Guilt-toy is pointing out that it will more likely than not, be reading closer to engine HP.

therefore, not being able to compare to other dynos that are setup up to read WHP.

So no one that posted has half a brain?

Edited by jangles

It was measured @ wheels, its rwhp. The fact that its closer to the engine hp than what a DD would give a reading for makes no difference, further from engine hp doesn't make it more accurate at all - just means its different and I think the collective are pretty offensive to continually slam anyone that runs a different dyno type to the minority here.... especially to the point of calling it junk. I personally feel that compared to MOST dyno brands the DD is the problem child, it reads far enough out from the "average" that it skews the whole ballgame, especially when DD fanbois act like all the others are "wrong" when thats BS.

For what its worth I've seen the odd comparison made between Dynojets and engine dynos and have seen results of 10-20% discrepancy between the number made on the engine dyno versus the DJ chassis dyno. The Dynojet software does NOT inflate anything (well it probably will do a little for SAE/whatever correction, as will DD/Dynapack/another other decent dyno software).

I know damn well Guilt Toy has more than half a brain, which is a good part of the reason I was so incredulous at what he said - this place is about sharing info and I feel that it was quite a "brain disengaged" type of comment to make, this place should be about sharing knowledge, experience and such forth. This guy has what could prove to be very useful "stuff" to share with us, and whether you guys like it or not he is using a dyno which is very likely to be far more proven and respected internationally ((certainly in the US) than DD and thus has really no reason to be treated as though he is an ignoramus for doing so. That kind of culture is what trains people who actually have experience worth sharing and would otherwise be inclined to into shutting up, and letting the empty cans prattle on and propegate misinformation further than it already has - and it clearly frustrates me.

On the other hand, the very thread title is claiming a particular HP, which means that dyno accuracy would make a difference. Not that i disagree with the fact that it really doesn't matter what actual number they put out, aslong as they do so consistantly (i guess you could say i disagree with brandishing a numbe about). Afterall dynos are for tuning cars. What has been done to it, and how it drives, are what is important

Accuracy is not an issue in this case anyway, DJ are really really consistant. How generous (or not) the dyno is the only point worth baring in mind here imho. In anyone's language this car is making a LOT of power, I'd be picking this car would still be making over 500rwkw on a DD dyno. I'm a bit iffy about the spool in this case, though - I'd have hoped to see better on a 2.8.

This thread has turned pointless, considering that here in Australia I can get one dyno reading at shop a then one at shop b and they will be very different, the only true comparison is using the same dyno in the exact same conditions.

If the op had supplied a before and after you probably wouldn't care as much about the end result , more the difference the mods made. I still think that is a nice power figure.

Edited by lilcrash

We just had a factory 2012 Camaro on a few weeks ago made the power GM said it should make 1 hp off.

As for the we part what dynos do you make?? You work for the company or what?

I wouldn'thave a Mustang dyno to many people saying they're wrong in the states nobody likes to hear Mustang numbers high low whatever. I just tune with it sorry if it's not the one you like. :no:

Edited by Weapon X