SAU Community

Which Clutch :s

EuphXP

I reckon the Exedy will have a short lifespan as i think they are only rated to 330rwkw so i am pretty keen to see what all the NPC hype is about, they sure sound good and are HEAPS cheaper than what i paid for the damn Exedy!

Everything used in the NPC clutch is Exedy parts.

Doug modifies them to suit the application though. Nissan Patrol hub, 250mm plate, 350Z 250mm pressure plate etc

Oh... Well that is interesting! I should contact him and see what he says about mine and wether i should start thinking about it now or just let the other one go and see what happens....

If im looking at over 300 in the next few years does it seem worth me getting the 10" sprung carbotic over the 10" organic? Or would that be overkill for me? its a daily with 2-5 track and drag days a year. From what i have read the organic is rated to a bit over 300, just worried if i go for 330 next year that the clutch wont take it too well.

Got in touch with NPC

Hi Johnny,

I would recommend our 10 inch heavy duty carbotic button clutch kit.

$755 inc gst for the kit.

To give you some idea the clutch has 1700kg of clamp load & will hold 400rwkw.

I would be lying if I could tell you how long it will last. I would expect allot longer than sports organic.

Thanks,

Doug

Got in touch with NPC

Hi Johnny,

I would recommend our 10 inch heavy duty carbotic button clutch kit.

$755 inc gst for the kit.

To give you some idea the clutch has 1700kg of clamp load & will hold 400rwkw.

I would be lying if I could tell you how long it will last. I would expect allot longer than sports organic.

Thanks,

Doug

yeah thats spot on.. same clutch i run. i dont daily my track car but i did do 300 kms of street driving in tasmania in it with no probs haha

That's bullshit he's lying.

They definitely hold 450rwkw for a long time, 2 step limiter launches, nitrous enriched 2nd gear multiple clutch kicks, power skids and seasons of track work.

I don't know why he would mislead you like that. I told Doug ages ago how f**king good they were

I have one of these. Street is no biggy but with the extreme cold weather in the morning it needs 5 minutes of nurse driving then it becomes fully streetable. Handles all wheel launches and anything else Ive thrown at it. Been in for 4000 km so its still early days.

I have one of these. Street is no biggy but with the extreme cold weather in the morning it needs 5 minutes of nurse driving then it becomes fully streetable. Handles all wheel launches and anything else Ive thrown at it. Been in for 4000 km so its still early days.

Why? Shudder?

That's bullshit he's lying.

They definitely hold 450rwkw for a long time, 2 step limiter launches, nitrous enriched 2nd gear multiple clutch kicks, power skids and seasons of track work.

I don't know why he would mislead you like that. I told Doug ages ago how f**king good they were

Yeah but I guess he is being slightly conservative.

After all if you give a dickhead an unbreakable object, my money is on the dickhead.

Yeah but I guess he is being slightly conservative.

After all if you give a dickhead an unbreakable object, my money is on the dickhead.

That is true.

As a matter of fact, a customer who is new to button clutches is more likely to kill it with kindness rather than abuse. Riding it too much is a killer.

I would ask Doug if he can make you a 6puk plate instead so its easier to drive and definitely go carbotic over ceramic. It's a little bitier but definitely handles the heat better

yeah carbotic is less likely to weld itself to the flywheel which is what extreme clutches do. pieces of junk they are,

all non organic clutches have some degree of shudder to them but you can learn to drive around the problem.

I don't really ride my clutches usually it's a on and off love affair with me :)

I'm just waiting on Doug to see if he can also get a gearbox front seal kit & stronger pivot bolt and it's on like Donkey Kong! If the clutch is too heavy, I will upgrade my slave to a Nismo item, like I've done in the past.

I don't really ride my clutches usually it's a on and off love affair with me :)

I'm just waiting on Doug to see if he can also get a gearbox front seal kit & stronger pivot bolt and it's on like Donkey Kong! If the clutch is too heavy, I will upgrade my slave to a Nismo item, like I've done in the past.

Doug builds clutches. Why not just go to Nissan for your seals and gasket?

The clutch pedal will most likely be lighter than your existing clutch. They are almost lighter than a standard HD. You won't need a pivot ball. Just lube it properly

Doug builds clutches. Why not just go to Nissan for your seals and gasket?

The clutch pedal will most likely be lighter than your existing clutch. They are almost lighter than a standard HD. You won't need a pivot ball. Just lube it properly

Nissan spares are only open weekdays and unfortunately I work a boring desk job in the city. I might just go through Kudos and order it.

I've heard horror stories of stock pivots snapping with heavier clutches, on my previous R33 I went all anal and replaced the pivot, slave, seals etc.. lol

Tried searching on Amayama.com? Ive had a few good purchases from them..... Not always cheaper but a couple of items have been WAY cheaper and just as fast to get as Nissan were even from JP