SAU Community

Which Clutch :s

EuphXP

He's using Redline Lightweight Shockproof oil; it is blue in colour.

I recently installed an NPC 10" organic in mine; they rate this clutch to 300rwkw (I'm currently 250-260) and the pedal is half as light as the Exedy cushion button I replaced with it. Say goodbye to my left leg muscle! It does bite firmly when you get to that pick up point, though :)

Yeah the NPC feels as if it's broken, it's so light for a sports/race/enthusiast clutch. I honestly thought the fork slipped off the thrush bearing and I was shtting bricks.

So far it's pretty good, unfortunately the R33 I own now is stock (for now) so I can't really punish the clutch.

How do you like daily driving the button clutch? is that cushion button so you can have some slip with it?

I'm still tossing up between going their organic or button will only be putting out 270rwkw when tuned and car is mostly daily driven just when I do drift it I want to know kicking it won't be an issue. I also don't drive heaps or cop lots of traffic driving so I don't think a button clutch would be a major problem but do like drivability at same time cause i'm a big girl

Dont be crazy with it yet. I ran mine in for 1000km as suggested (no major clutch slipping or launches) and I dont know if it makes a difference but I'd rather listen to what NPC told me and follow their procedure

I dont know if mine felt THAT soft lol, think its a bit harder then stock but def nicer then the exedy

How do you like daily driving the button clutch? is that cushion button so you can have some slip with it?

I'm still tossing up between going their organic or button will only be putting out 270rwkw when tuned and car is mostly daily driven just when I do drift it I want to know kicking it won't be an issue. I also don't drive heaps or cop lots of traffic driving so I don't think a button clutch would be a major problem but do like drivability at same time cause i'm a big girl

If you're drifting, an organic clutch is bit of a no no, you'll fry it. On my previous R33, I made about 250rwkWs and I toasted an organic within 1.5 years of owning it. I then moved to Exedy Sports Ceramic from a R32 GT-R, that lasted till I sold the car (probably still going strong), however it was crap to drive. Wasn't fun, especially with the stock slave, after upgrading to a larger Nismo item it felt better, but still not that great compared to this NPC clutch. It's very light, nearly as light as stock and more easier to slip and drive.

Saying that, I've always tend to just give it some revs and drop it to get the car going. I know it's jerky, but it's going to save me going under the car and do a clutch again on the floor.

Edited by johnnilicte

I have a 10" carbotic button clutch from NPC in my gtr. I never saw easy driving from day 1. Only time will tell how well it will last, but 5000km and its still going strong. I drive my car every day in stop start bullshit and there is no problem. Just use the friendly handbrake when on a hill. In these early mornings it loves to chatter and bite harder than when it warms up.

So far it has held 10 launches and many wot runs. I recommend them.

the reason the NPC clutches are lighter then other sport clutches is due to the 10 inch pressure plate and larger spring area.

i have a 180sx with an RB30e+t and NPC organic clutch with rb20 box... i drift it and clutch holds up well, that makes around 200 rwkw

I am going to give him a call to sugest something to hold 500kw dont know if i am looking at twin plate territory

Definitely twin plate territory.

Most of the Japanese twinplates won't even hold that much power for long due to them using tiny clutch plates

NPC sprung centre cushion twin is the way to go. Drives like a toyota hi-ace and will hold 1khp to the ground

Just an update, after 1 tank of fuel later the clutch feels much better.

I still am totally impressed with the pedal feel, but it is a tad bitey. I tried going up a car park ramp, I looked like a total idiot LOL

Yeah after a long drive yesterday mine is feeling so much better.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a clutch from KB clutches in Sydney.

He was a really nice bloke that asked everything to do with the car and the power/rpm/use

Managed to pick something up for $410 including postage to ACT

Only time will tell if it holds up or not.

But I currently am pushing around 240-250rwkw

i got my 300 RWKW clutch from KB aswell, held out with no issues and came with few exeddy bits too, i paid 440 delivered to SA

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my NPC 10" carbotic clutch installed tomorrow. Will see how shit i am at launching it when the drags open up in a few months. Current excedy ceramic button lasted 2 years of every day driving, skidpan days, drag nights, clutch kicks, etc. This NPC one holds 450rwhp im told, so should keep me happy for a while!