SAU Community

Which Clutch :s

EuphXP

I just got a clutch from KB clutches in Sydney.

He was a really nice bloke that asked everything to do with the car and the power/rpm/use

Managed to pick something up for $410 including postage to ACT

Only time will tell if it holds up or not.

But I currently am pushing around 240-250rwkw

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but i did a quick search and didnt find what i was looking for, what is the Exedy cushioned Button 34GTT clutch rated too power wise? I think it was 330rwkw from memory, but if somebody has a better indication please let me know as i will probably let the guys know before they tune it ;)

I'm hoping my cushioned button holds up, should do for a while as it hasnt done a huge amount of work..... Just not sure of what its rated too?

Next clutch for mine will be the JB i think as i was told they are good to drive :D

Softer than stock pedal, no shudder, holds massive power.

Hmmmm mine definately shudders which is sent down my drive train to my diff. Subsequently, the backlash in the diff is sloppy as and all I hear is loud thuds if you sit on the clutch longer than a second. Clutch has done about 3-4000km's since new. Flywheel was machined by JB aswell. I thought it might be just a wearing in issue, but it would seem its not!

Also, how does yours take up/grip? I've found mine goes from OFF to ON in a VERY small range of movement...

Edited by R32Abuser

about 2k ive heard

That can't be right surely?

It's a single plate clutch. Can get the same thing from NPC with brand new parts instead of the JB second hand ones. NPC are only about $750-$800

That can't be right surely?

It's a single plate clutch. Can get the same thing from NPC with brand new parts instead of the JB second hand ones. NPC are only about $750-$800

Ive seen people quote like $1300 odd on here.

If it was 2k then I would not even consider him and just go straight for a nismo coppermix! or if you dont have the coin then get a NPC clutch.

The shuddering might be caused by the cracks in the second hand pressure plate

got mine for about $1000

4100 lbs of clamping force. Plenty of clamp for my application - if anything its WAYYYYY overkill considering its a street car.

Elite/Daniel, surely JB would have seen this? This has happened from day one, and he said that it would initially shudder but would come good after 1000km's.

They go for about $1200 depends on what you get. The shudder could be from contamination, oil and crap getting on the flywheel makes it glaze, hence shudder.

Yeh my clutch has a small friction point, 100kms of driving and you get used to it.

Just for reference, the pricing on the GTT was quite a lot more than a GTST as they are the pull time clutch etc..... My Exedy was around $1300 at trade price at the time i got it (They have probably come down a lot now) but the 34 clutches were quite expensive..... Just like EVERYTHING else on the damn things that is slightly different to the other models :glare:

Just for reference, the pricing on the GTT was quite a lot more than a GTST as they are the pull time clutch etc..... My Exedy was around $1300 at trade price at the time i got it (They have probably come down a lot now) but the 34 clutches were quite expensive..... Just like EVERYTHING else on the damn things that is slightly different to the other models :glare:

If your poor ten obviously your going to go for the cheapest option

Well surprisingly the 33gtr has the same clutch as you *gasp*!

Npc sprung button clutch capable of supporting up to 650hp

$750.

/thread

If your poor ten obviously your going to go for the cheapest option

Well surprisingly the 33gtr has the same clutch as you *gasp*!

Npc sprung button clutch capable of supporting up to 650hp

$750.

/thread

Wow, i said "pull time" that sounds pretty dodgy :P

Ill definitely be looking at other options when it comes to the next clutch choice... SO FAR the cushioned button has been good, so hopefully it holds up.

To the OP, shop around as it seems there is plenty of options around ;)

Hey guys,

Sorry been so busy with work and getting my car sorted etc.

I ended up going the NPC Heavy duty Organic clutch, Rated to around 300rwkw this is plenty for what im going to use it for.

i got it all installed and parts (Inc Flywheel machining) And my coils changed while he was there, 4L of Redline lightweight shockproof for a grand total of $1360 (Inc clutch, labor, oils, maching of flywheel) Not bad if you ask me, im pretty happy with how i did, Now for fuel pump on the weekend, and then off to powertune on monday!

POWAHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks to everyone who dropped their 2 cents worth, it was worth alot more to me :D

<3 SAU