SAU Community

How Many Mods Before Tunning Required?

bjd

Hi

I am about to have a full exhaust system done on my series 2, RS Four S.

Not sure at this point wether to get twin dump pipe or just a bellmouth.

I will also be getting a Blitz LM return flow intercooler installed and was wondering if I will need to have the car tuned with aftermarket ecu piggyback or maybe Nistune board.

Or will the car run fine with the standard ecu ?

Any help would be great thanx

post-93563-0-21462800-1336787141_thumb.jpg

car will run fine on standard ecu, but you will benefit a heap more with a ecu.

but do the exhaust regardless, nicer sound and free flow, less restriction on the turbo

Since you have a S2 you would benefit from getting a Nistune fitted and tuned. The car will run on the stock ecu but from stock they all run very rich and a tune will benefit economy and/or performance and help your engine live longer.

Do the exhaust and the intercooler first if you want and get the Nistune as soon as you can.

Yes if you can source an R34 GT-t PFC and run 3.7v to pin 51 on the ecu to get around traction control you can use a PFC.

If you just gut your existing cat you get the same thing for free. More power noise very slightly increased.

nistune is about $350 without the software (off the top of my head)

+ cost of tune

pfc is $1000+

+cost of tune

with an exhaust and no tune on 7psi my rs4s was making 135awkw

10psi and a nistune + tune will get you near 200awkw

a guy i know with another rs4s said the tune was the most noticable mod he has done so far

also, the cost of tuning a nistune would only be a little more than a piggyback but you will get much better results

So correct me if Im wrong but I need

1. a nistune board fitted,

2. a boost controller

3. Car tuned

good thing I been getting bargains cause the shopping list keeps on growing.....

I already have Greddy power extreme exhaust, blitz intercooler, Greddy oil catch tank, JJR bellmouth dump pipe all awaiting to be installed. I will also be getting Splitfire coil pack and from what your all saying is I need Nistune board fitted, boost controller and then a tune. What kind of power should I then expect to see ?

Hey mate, perhaps jump into the Forced Induction performance thread and have a flick through the recent pages of the RB25 dyno results. That will give you something to go off, and then you can see what to expect. With the stock turbo, people don't push too hard.

Have you bothered to read anything in your own thread? I swear this has been asked and/or answered already more than once.

And right there is the reason a lot of people don't get on these forums cause there's always someone who has to show some infant ism.

I am merely asking to clarify so as not to get told some bs from a workshop. After all isn't that what this is here for. C'mon